Post USA Annulment for Foreign Marriage

I am going to obtain annulment for my foreign marriage that took place in India. My wife has remarried with someone in india without obtaining divorce from me. I know i will get annulment or divorce but may i know if that would be valid for me to petition I130 someone that i like in india and file for her visa ? Can USCIS ask me to register my annulment in india as well ? I can't go to india as my life is under threat and my wife's husband has already threatened to kill me if i create a problem for them. What are my options ? Please advise i am really stuck with this.

Default Re: USA Annulment for Foreign Marriage

Quote Quoting jon84dwk
    View Post
    I am going to obtain annulment for my foreign marriage that took place in India. My wife has remarried with someone in india without obtaining divorce from me. I know i will get annulment or divorce but may i know if that would be valid for me to petition I130 someone that i like in india and file for her visa ? Can USCIS ask me to register my annulment in india as well ? I can't go to india as my life is under threat and my wife's husband has already threatened to kill me if i create a problem for them. What are my options ? Please advise i am really stuck with this.
    It is much quicker and easier to get a divorce in the US rather than an annulment. Once you are divorced you would be able to sponsor a fiancée or spouse.

Hiw do i get out of this mess ? I can't go to india and get this done. Indian court requires my physical presence. We already asked the judge in india whether or not he would accept my case via video-conferencing or webcam but he said i need to come in person to file for an annulment or divorce. I know once i go to india i will never come back. I will loose my job, my passport, and they will also kill me. There has to be a way to get out of this.

You file for divorce or annulment if you are qualified under the state of your current legal residency. A US state can grant you a divorce or annultment if your request fits within the laws of the state you file the action in. There are some special rules since your spouse is in a foreign country but it’s not impossible to do.

1. Sponsored Links