Quote Quoting biomassive
View Post
My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: CA

I lent my leased car to a friend. The car is about 7 months into it's lease at the time. Iwas out of town. Car catches fire in the middle of a street. Contacted insurance and gave friends info to provide witness statements. Friend cannot be reached and had disconnected the number after the incident. I have the fire affidavit and photos sent to me. I have comprehensive coverage.

Is this a lemon case?
Lets do the math...
1. You lend your vehicle to a friend whom you have no address and now no phone number to contact him after your vehicle catches fire and is presumably a total loss. Who in their right mind would lend their vehicle to someone if they truly don't know who that person was? That's strike one.

2. After the fire department did their investigation, they send you the fire affidavit and photos of the vehicle. Presumably its not in your best interest, and now your insurance company ether is denying the claim, and or have started an insurance fraud investigation of there own...

3. You were asked a few times what the fire affidavit says, and you have ignored the question...

4. You now ask if this is a lemon case... Presumably you ask because your insurance company has denied your claim...

Now if you did all the math above, what do you think it looks like to us, as well as the police and your insurance company?