Default Offering Dance Lessons to On-Duty Police Officers

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Mexico

Myself and my boyfriend were wondering what would happen if we got drunk together stood on the sidewalk and waited for a police car to drive by, then wave them down and start blasting music from our boom box and offer to teach them the dance we made up the a song we both like. Could we get in trouble for this?

Default Re: Offering a Police Officer Dance Lessons

Quote Quoting lollipops
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Mexico

Myself and my boyfriend were wondering what would happen if we got drunk together stood on the sidewalk and waited for a police car to drive by, then wave them down and start blasting music from our boom box and offer to teach them the dance we made up the a song we both like. Could we get in trouble for this?
    Depends on the exact details of what you do. At the very least, you may run the risk of being cited for public drunkeness. As I have said before to you, you and you boyfriend need to think of more productive things to do than trying to antagonize cops and judges. In the end, doing those sorts of things rarely is going to work out well for you.

or....the police you wave down may have connections to Dancing with the Stars and may get you a job as one of their professional dancers. Then you could be on TV dancing with some 80 year old washed up actor....

...I figure if you're asking stupid questions, you were looking for stupid answers....

She's baaaaaaack. I thought winter breaks were over for school?

Quote Quoting lollipops
    View Post
    Let me guess, you want to post this dumbassery to YouTube in order to fill some juvenile need for attention. Right?

In any event, section 30-20-1 states that "[d]isorderly conduct consists of: A. engaging in . . . boisterous, unreasonably loud or otherwise disorderly conduct which tends to disturb the peace." A violation is a petty misdemeanor.

What you describe almost certainly could be a violation of this law. I also wouldn't be surprised if there's a "public intoxication" law, and you could even get in trouble for conducting business without being properly licensed.

1. Sponsored Links