Default Will Your Sealed Record Show Up on a Hospital Background Check

My question involves criminal records for the state of: Ohio
    I recently got 2 misdemeanor convictions sealed and one treatment in lieu of conviction removed. I will be applying to work in a radiology department at a major hospital. What will be seen when a background check is done? I was told that health care providers are permitted to see sealed records. Is this true? Is it mandatory that they request seeing sealed records? If I do an FBI check on my own my guess is that it wont tell me much since the records are sealed to the majority of requests. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Sealed Record Hospital Background Check

Not all background checks are created equal and one size does not fit all. What will be seen will depend on what the hospital asks for. Not all employers ask the same questions. And before you ask, well, what do hospitals ask for, it depends on the hospital and the position. It IS true, at least in some states including Ohio, that hospitals can see sealed records. However, even if they can see them, it does not automatically guarantee that you will be turned down for the job. That, too, depends on the hospital and the position.

No, I am not asking you to provide more information. I am telling you that as uncomfortable as I'm sure it is to wait to find out the results, that is exactly what you have to do. No one here moonlights for the Psychic Hotline that I know of.

1. Sponsored Links