Default Marital Issues, Threats and Secret Phone Call Recordings of the Entire Family

Hello All,

I am a wife, a mother of 2 (5yo and 3yo) seeking an advice on below family issue. Location - IL, USA.

Husband works at a same job for last 8 years on H1b visa. I started working in 2017. Over the period of 6 years, Husband has sent huge amounts of money(direct transfers, credit card advances, loans etc etc) back to his family to his home country. It has resulted in a huge debt on our family. He forces me to pay for all of my monthly income on family expenses(to which I dot not have any problem) and does not want to be asked about his contribution towards his wife and kids. Does not want to be transparent at all about his income and expenses. His family also tortures me on this saying I should not be questioning his transfers and expenses.

While the disputes is on, he fraudulently tried to get my signature on Quitclaim deed for our house which is owned by both of us.

While arguing, various times he has threatened that he has heard/recorded our phone calls(with me n my dad, sister, mother and brother) and knows how I complained about him to my parents. And says, is going to defame us and my entire family for complaining about his and his family's behavior.

Multiple times he has threatened me to leave the house and kids and go back. His family as well does not want me to stay with him.

This has brought us a lot of mental torture to my entire family and has made me a serious patient of respiratory deceases. Visited ER 2 times by myself. He denied accompanying me to ER.

Would really appreciate if I could get with legal advice/opinion in this bad time.

Looking forward to hear back.

Default Re: Marital Issues, Secrete Phone Call Recordings of Entire Family and Threats

Leave him.

Default Re: Marital Issues, Threats and Secret Phone Call Recordings of the Entire Family

I didn't see a question in your post, so I'm uncertain what sort of response you're seeking. That said, please review the disclaimer at the bottom of every page at this site:

"Notice: Information provided in the forum is not intended to substitute for professional advice, including but not limited to professional legal advice. If you submit a question or comment it is assumed that you are interested in soliciting, receiving or giving general information and not legal advice. Laws vary by state, and the laws described in this forum may be different in your state or may have been changed since the information was posted. The legal help offered in this forum comes from volunteers who may not have any formal legal training or knowledge, and all information should be confirmed with a qualified legal professional. All information is made available on an "as is" basis. You should accept legal advice only from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship. Use of this forum is subject to the ExpertLaw terms of use."

Default Re: Marital Issues, Threats and Secret Phone Call Recordings of the Entire Family

Hello pg1067,

Thank you for your concern. I am seeking an opinion or advice to see if there is anything I can do legally to stop this harassment ? We have him on record admitting he has recorded and tried to make get her sign on quitclaim deed. If taken any legal action, will there be any legal process by which his monitory transactions and illegal phone recording gets exposed ?

Thank you.
    H.

Quote Quoting saistays
    View Post
    Hello pg1067,

Thank you for your concern. I am seeking an opinion or advice to see if there is anything I can do legally to stop this harassment ? We have him on record admitting he has recorded and tried to make get her sign on quitclaim deed. If taken any legal action, will there be any legal process by which his monitory transactions and illegal phone recording gets exposed ?

Thank you.
    H.
    Its time for her to leave him and get a divorce. He is not trustworthy nor is he a good husband. You stop the harassment by getting a divorce.

Divorce to end the fake marriage. You are not currently in a "real" marriage by your description. He provides nothing to the household and makes you pay for the bills? Heck, let him leave, make him leave, give your kids a chance.

Quote Quoting saistays
    View Post
    Hello pg1067,

Thank you.
    H.

Your posts are confusing, as you refer to "her" in some posts and "me" in others. So I'll proceed as if you are the one with the controlling, deadbeat husband: you can't make him stop behaving badly, as there's nothing he's doing that's illegal. As to his threats that he'll defame you? To whom? And why do you care? Exes often speak badly about each other.

I don't say this lightly, but this marriage does NOT sound salvageable. Get to a lawyer and find out how to escape this mess.

Quote Quoting saistays
    View Post
    Hello All,
    While arguing, various times he has threatened that he has heard/recorded our phone calls(with me n my dad, sister, mother and brother) and knows how I complained about him to my parents. And says, is going to defame us and my entire family for complaining about his and his family's behavior.

Multiple times he has threatened me to leave the house and kids and go back. His family as well does not want me to stay with him.
    First, the fact that he recorded you complaining to your family is petty and is unlikely to benefit him in court. In some states it is not even admissible. In most, if not all states, it will work against him. People complain to their families about their spouses all the time. It is very unlikely to count as defamation.

Second, if he is threatening to leave the country with your children, you need to get an attorney to help you with a restraining order, and leave him before he tries. It is not easy to get kids back after they have been taken out of country, and the bext way to stop this kind of threat is to get it addressed legally. And swiftly.

I will admit that it's been over 15 years since I worked with H visas but didn't they expire after 6 years?

1. Sponsored Links