Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019

    Default When Can an Out-of-State Vehicle Buyer Get > 30 Day Temporary Plates

    My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: South Carolina
    I purchased a new motorcycle in S. Carolina but I am a Pennsylvania resident. The dealer provided all needed papers, however the temporary plate is good only for 30 days and I will be in S. Carolina for at least 10 days after it expires. Will I be able to get a new 30 day temporary plate (the woman at DMV said no extensions)? Is storing bike the only option if no?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010

    Default Re: Pa. Resident Purchased New Vehicle in S. Carolina, Staying in Sc More Than 30 Day

    The other option is to get your bike registered in PA before it expires. You have to do this in person (though you don't need to bring the bike). If you have a willing friend they can go do it for you and mail you down the plates.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Towing: Can You Get a Refund of Fees if Your Vehicle is Towed for Having No Plates
    By jtrory in forum Moving Violations, Parking and Traffic Tickets
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-21-2018, 05:07 AM
  2. Unregistered Vehicles: Confiscation of Plates from an Unregistered Vehicle
    By bash1978 in forum Vehicle Registration and Title
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-01-2016, 06:26 PM
  3. Search and Seizure: Can the Police Run the Plates of a Parked Vehicle
    By Sappho in forum Criminal Procedure
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 01:38 PM
  4. Chapter 13: Getting Vehicle Plates After Filing Bankruptcy
    By lilpooky in forum Bankruptcy Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
  5. Theft and Larceny: Used Car Buyer Won't Return Seller's Plates
    By xDRx in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources