Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Can the Police Search My House if You Leave Your Child Home Alone

My question involves civil rights in the State of: Alabama.

Can the police search my home if I leave my four-year-old child at home alone? She was asleep and it was four in the morning.

Default Re: Can the Police Search My House Because I Lefted My 4 Years Daughter Home Alone fo

Why were the police called? WHO called them?

If there was a 4-year-old home alone, and the police had cause to believe this was the case, you can bet they made entry to check on her and to take her into temporary, protective custody.

Provide us with some details of what actually happened, and perhaps we might have a more focused response for you.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: Can the Police Search My House Because I Lefted My 4 Years Daughter Home Alone fo

The police said she walked across the street to the neighbors house and the neighbors called the police. When I pulled up and the police were on my back pouch about to enter my home.

The neighbor who called the police is the girlfriend or ex girlfriend at the time of one of offices who enter my home without a warrant.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

My older daughter (now 21), when she was 4, woke up at about 0500, walked to the front door, unlocked it, opened it, closed it and went 3 houses down to play with her friend Henry. We found out about this when we got a call from the neighbor. You've got to watch out for those kids. They pay attention. To everything.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Hannibal-Bey
    View Post
    The police said she walked across the street to the neighbors house and the neighbors called the police. When I pulled up and the police were on my back pouch about to enter my home.

The neighbor who called the police is the girlfriend or ex girlfriend at the time of one of offices who enter my home without a warrant.
    In most instances if the police find that a 4-year-old is home alone and had to go to a neighbor for help, the police will enter to see if anyone inside needs assistance. It would not be the first time that a small child had gone for assistance because a parent or caretaker was ill or deceased. The neighbor that called to report this ABSOLUTELY did the right thing! It does not matter a whit that she may have been involved with an officer at some point in time.

I assume you have been charged with a crime? if you have not been charged with any crime or had CPS called to take your child into protective custody, consider yourself lucky. If all you got was a scolding and your child returned to you, consider yourself VERY lucky and don't make waves that might change minds.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    It would seem the title has been edited. It just said "I lefted my 4 years daughter home for 15". I naturally assumed the worst. Well...not the worst, but close to it.

As to post #6; my older daughter (now 21), when she was 4, woke up at about 0500, walked to the front door, unlocked it, opened it, closed it and went 3 houses down to play with her friend Henry. We found out about this when we got a call from the neighbor. You've got to watch out for those kids. They pay attention. To everything.
    I've been to a few calls like that. One where the child was hit and killed on the roadway out in front. THOSE situations are generally not going to result in criminal negligence. They happen, and they are scary as heck, but they are not something the parent did that could be reasonably forseen as likely to result in injury to the child. But, leaving one's 4-year-old home alone???? THAT should always result in at least a referral to the DA and CPS.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Nothing should take priority over a childs safety and welfare. It does not matter it was 4 am. It does not matter if you were gone for a few minutes. Obviously you know nothing about children.

To OP: Be thankful your child is okay. It doesn't always work out that way.

https://www.nhregister.com/news/arti...e-13531912.php

If the child was secured and I was on the screen what is the reason for a search of my house . It's a Violation of the 4th Amendment,the officers need probable cause and exigent circumstances.

If you have been charged with a crime, feel free to retain a defense attorney to review the full facts and take whatever action they deem appropriate.

If you are not charged with a crime, feel free to consult a civil attorney to review the full facts and take whatever action they deem appropriate.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Hannibal-Bey
    View Post
    If the child was secured and I was on the screen what is the reason for a search of my house . It's a Violation of the 4th Amendment,the officers need probable cause and exigent circumstances.
    If you're so sure of yourself then what are you doing here?

What does it mean that you're "on the screen"?

You're not going to get a lot of leeway for leaving a 4 year old alone.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast