Default When Can the Police Break Down a Door to Make an Arrest

My question involves business law in the state of: Iowa

I have first-hand experience with a criminal assault on a renter of a private residence where the outcome is nonsense and threatening to me, since I am interested in owning or renting a private residence myself. This probably relates to any rental living accommodation.
    Under what circumstances can the unilateral word of a private homeowner be used by police/Sheriff to break in to a back door of the residence (including banging on windows and shouting) and then arresting the occupant whose only known interaction with said police/public was to demand immediate cease and desist, and removal of all non-invited personnel from the premises. Assume a law-abiding residential front with front door is available and made known to responders by the irate landlord who stipulated (on a previous 911 crime responder visit) that any future visit by responders be made only to his own lawful address next-door to that of the renter assaulted. Assume the criminal assault does include 911 trespassing calls by aforementioned insane homeowner in prior years, and also includes the public claims of the homeowner that the public road along which the renter's and other's private residences are lawfully addressed is somehow rightfully at his own disposal.

How is the public expected to protect themselves (myself) from police attacking private homes on the baseless 911 demands of a rich landowner?

Default Re: Sheriff Avoids a Landlord Residence Call in Favor of Breaking in to Next-Door Ten

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Seems like it's at least a business matter to ban someone from ever renting (owning?) their residence.
    As long as it is not a result of federally prohibited discrimination, a landlord does not have to rent to someone.

Default Re: Sheriff Avoids a Landlord Residence Call in Favor of Breaking in to Next-Door Ten

Therefore I will add to my previous reply. It is true that licensed occupation is a legal facility provided by the 3 branches of the US government to guarantee, recourse including immediate relief, for all demands upon those holding license. That is a lot of different properties, and a lot of different recourses. I will post links to video showing these properties and related demands. Since there are 5 sensory pathways providing knowledge to a human, this gives the viewer everything they need to place themselves in the position of a renter wondering if laws will allow them self-protection, or will harm them, if they sign the ownership agreement. I cannot claim that I have tasted, nor felt around on the dirt while a cop shoves me into it, and I hardly think the smell of the neighborhood applies to my questions.

Default Re: When Can the Police Break Down a Door to Make an Arrest

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Under what circumstances can the unilateral word of a private homeowner be used by police/Sheriff to break in to a back door of the residence... and then arresting the occupant
    The police would need an arrest warrant and reason to believe that the occupant was in the premises, or they would need probable cause for arrest and conditions legally sufficient to forcibly enter the home without a warrant.

Default Re: When Can the Police Break Down a Door to Make an Arrest

Okay, what probable cause could there be to refuse a property owner's demand on police to obtain permission to occupy a private alley and assault a renter lawfully residing on the contiguous private property of both renter and landlord? There was no mention of "hot pursuit" nor expectation of flight, however the UAR stated a concern that the rental occupant might be destroying evidence inside his unit or might claim self-defense using some hand tool at some future altercation.

1. Sponsored Links