Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: What Are the Legal Actions I Can Do

Quote Quoting Zcain45
    View Post
    When she turns 18
    Two post above this, the one right before your last post stands.
    I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.......

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Zcain45
    View Post
    When she turns 18
    When she's 18 she can go where she wants when she wants. In this case she may have to do so empty handed and that doesn't mean that her parent's cannot purťes her (within legal bounds), refuse her FAFSA information (needed for scholastic financial aid),or completely cut her off from any other support that she might otherwise enjoy.

Adulthood is indeed a double-edged blade with a keen edge.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Zcain45
    View Post
    Thank you for replying. I understand I can’t do anything when we are 17 because we are still minors,and we are keeping it on the low but the dad told Emily that if she thinks when she turns 18 that she’s gonna live with me he’ll “shoot me” if I try to pick her up. Her mom said that age is just a number and being 18 dosen’t mean anything to her.
    Is she worth all this trouble? Do you want to end up dead or in jail over this girl? I would just stay away until she's 18 at the very least.

Also - no age is not just a number. When she's 18 if she wants to leave, she can leave. If she wants to get out and thinks they won't let her, she can always call to have a police officer there to ensure she gets out with any stuff of hers and nothing happens. Her best bet is that she comes up with a plan to get the hell out as soon after 18 as she can and not tell her parents where she is going. To do that, it might help if you just chill with being around her so they don't assume she goes off with you.

Honestly if what you say is true, I think her last worry is about paying for college. I would be more worried about getting out of my parents house alive if anything you say is true.

Quote Quoting qwaspolk69
    View Post
    Is she worth all this trouble? Do you want to end up dead or in jail over this girl? I would just stay away until she's 18 at the very least.

Also - no age is not just a number. When she's 18 if she wants to leave, she can leave. If she wants to get out and thinks they won't let her, she can always call to have a police officer there to ensure she gets out with any stuff of hers and nothing happens. Her best bet is that she comes up with a plan to get the hell out as soon after 18 as she can and not tell her parents where she is going. To do that, it might help if you just chill with being around her so they don't assume she goes off with you.

Honestly if what you say is true, I think her last worry is about paying for college. I would be more worried about getting out of my parents house alive if anything you say is true.
    Thank you. I think she is worth everything to me. I never asked for this relationship with her parents. They obviously didnít like me at all in the relationship. I tried so hard to be the best person I can be and be respectful towards the parents and of course Emily, but they didnít care. Emily wants out of there aswell and we are laying low until we both turn 18.

The best thing you can do for Emily is to encourage her to talk to a trusted adult, whether school teacher, counselor, pastor or any other adult who is in a position to give her good guidance.

And make sure she knows that her parents will be within their rights to cut off ALL financial support -- including paying for her phone. In fact, unless she purchased her phone and can prove it, her parents can keep her phone. She needs to be smart about this.

You need to wait until she is 18. Once she is, SHE needs to DECIDE what she wants to do. You need to be mature enough to let her process this, and make her own decisions. This is a messy situation.

If you pressure her to make a decision she isn't ready for, she will eventually resent you for it. Let her have some space to really think through all the consequences.

Quote Quoting oldsmom
    View Post
    You need to wait until she is 18. Once she is, SHE needs to DECIDE what she wants to do. You need to be mature enough to let her process this, and make her own decisions. This is a messy situation.

If you pressure her to make a decision she isn't ready for, she will eventually resent you for it. Let her have some space to really think through all the consequences.
    Yeah I understand we are taking it slow and thinking about outcomes. Thank you for your response

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Zcain45
    View Post
    Yeah I understand we are taking it slow and thinking about outcomes. Thank you for your response
    You don't get it. SHE needs to consider the ramifications of her actions, not you. SHE needs to make these decisions, not you and she needs to do it with no interference from you as she's the one that will suffer the consequences.

You have no legal moves that you can make. None. In fact, all you can do is make things worse for her at this point.

Given that you've never really been on a date or appear to have spent any significant time together your statement that she's "everything" to you sounds like you are probably one of the people in her life that's causing her stress. It's possible that dad's point of view is that you're complicating his daughter's life and making her cry. That tends to make dad's unhappy. Dad's tend to be protective of their daughter's when it comes to boy's and, based on your posts you appear to be applying a great deal of pressure to achieve certain outcomes. Outcomes that favor you over her family.

Yes. Yes, based on your posts I'd say you are definitely one of the problems in this girls life, not the solution. You view her in a not so different light that you believe her parent view her. Perhaps you should spend more time honestly and soberly examining your motives and what's best for the girl and not for you. You should do this without input from the girl.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    You don't get it. SHE needs to consider the ramifications of her actions, not you. SHE needs to make these decisions, not you and she needs to do it with no interference from you as she's the one that will suffer the consequences.

You have no legal moves that you can make. None. In fact, all you can do is make things worse for her at this point.

Given that you've never really been on a date or appear to have spent any significant time together your statement that she's "everything" to you sounds like you are probably one of the people in her life that's causing her stress. It's possible that dad's point of view is that you're complicating his daughter's life and making her cry. That tends to make dad's unhappy. Dad's tend to be protective of their daughter's when it comes to boy's and, based on your posts you appear to be applying a great deal of pressure to achieve certain outcomes. Outcomes that favor you over her family.

Yes. Yes, based on your posts I'd say you are definitely one of the problems in this girls life, not the solution. You view her in a not so different light that you believe her parent view her. Perhaps you should spend more time honestly and soberly examining your motives and what's best for the girl and not for you. You should do this without input from the girl.
    Im pretty sure I get it. Iím not a dumb naÔve kid. I understand whatís happening. I understand I made a mistake. I donít talk to her that much if so she talks to me more then I do to her. She wants me in her life, because right now itís not going so great for her. Iím just in her life to talk to and to take care of her. I donít force her to talk to me. Sheís not running away. Im not pressing charges. We are just taking it easy right now. Iím definitely not the problem in her life right now

Quote Quoting Zcain45
    View Post
    Im pretty sure I get it. I’m not a dumb naÔve kid. I understand what’s happening. I understand I made a mistake. I don’t talk to her that much if so she talks to me more then I do to her. She wants me in her life, because right now it’s not going so great for her. I’m just in her life to talk to and to take care of her. I don’t force her to talk to me. She’s not running away. Im not pressing charges. We are just taking it easy right now. I’m definitely not the problem in her life right now
    Just stay away until she is 18 and out of their house. It really is that simple.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast