Default Stupid-Simple Question Regarding E and O Insurance

My question involves insurance law for the state of: PA

I have an E&O policy as a Notary Public (even though Iím not active). I also have a separate E&O policy as a real estate agent. My very basic, simple question is whether or not having two E&O policies is redundant. In other words, if I were to just keep my real estate agent policy, would that policy be ďuniversalĒ and also cover errors & omissions on the Notary side? I have a feeling not, but just thought Iíd ask, as itís looking like Iíll need a third policy for another licensure.

Default Re: Stupid-Simple Question Regarding E and O Insurance

We can't read the policies and know what the coverages are or your particular risk. Why don't you consult your agent?

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    We can't read the policies and know what the coverages are or your particular risk. Why don't you consult your agent?
    I agree that you need to contact your agent. There might possibly be some kind of umbrella policy that would consolidate your coverage for all of your activities.

Quote Quoting beekrock
    View Post
    My very basic, simple question is whether or not having two E&O policies is redundant.
    It is not.

Each policy is underwritten and priced according to the risk involved in each occupation and likely limits coverage to that occupation.

I suppose that it's remotely possible that an insurance company can write one policy to cover several occupations. You'll have to ask your agent about that.

Unless you want to quote or provide links to your insurance polices, there is no conceivable way for us to know. If I were you, I'd talk to my insurance agent about consolidating the policies.

1. Sponsored Links