Default Need Help Badly Re Mexico Border Crossing

In just a few days my girlfriend and I have a vacation planned to Cancun Mexico. We're both US citizens living in San Diego. I made plans to fly out of Tijuana because of the money savings and have since found out that my friend has three outstanding misdemeanor bench warrants. We fully expect that she will be detained upon re-entering the US. My question is...will she be able to leave the US and enter Mexico without being arrested so that I don't end up wasting a bunch of money AND we can have one last hurrah before she begins paying her debt to society??? Also, we have two alternatives that may make a difference. First, we could use the new CBX Border Xpress Crossing or we could just walk across and take a cab to the airport. I'm thinking one way or the other might make a difference? Oh, and also she was just issued her passport within the last month for what it's worth. Any and all help, opinions, advice is much appreciated. This is weighing heavily on us at the moment as I'm sure you can imagine.

Default Re: Need Help Badly Re Mexico Border Crossing

Quote Quoting Glyph619
    View Post
    my friend has three outstanding misdemeanor bench warrants. We fully expect that she will be detained upon re-entering the US. My question is...will she be able to leave the US and enter Mexico without being arrested so that I don't end up wasting a bunch of money
    Maybe should've thought about this before shelling out a bunch of money for this criminal to have a vacation. In any event, it is probably unlikely that the border crossing authorities in Mexico will be aware of her crimes.

Quote Quoting Glyph619
    View Post
    In just a few days my girlfriend and I have a vacation planned to Cancun Mexico. We're both US citizens living in San Diego. I made plans to fly out of Tijuana because of the money savings and have since found out that my friend has three outstanding misdemeanor bench warrants. We fully expect that she will be detained upon re-entering the US. My question is...will she be able to leave the US and enter Mexico without being arrested so that I don't end up wasting a bunch of money AND we can have one last hurrah before she begins paying her debt to society??? Also, we have two alternatives that may make a difference. First, we could use the new CBX Border Xpress Crossing or we could just walk across and take a cab to the airport. I'm thinking one way or the other might make a difference? Oh, and also she was just issued her passport within the last month for what it's worth. Any and all help, opinions, advice is much appreciated. This is weighing heavily on us at the moment as I'm sure you can imagine.
    Its more than a bit odd that she was issued a passport when she has outstanding warrants.

Quote Quoting Glyph619
    View Post
    Many misdemeanor warrants are only local warrants and are NOT entered into NCIC. As such, it is possible that they would not come up on any check for warrants at a port of entry. There is no way for us to know whether the warrants have been entered into NCIC or if the issuing jurisdiction would extradite from wherever they might enter upon their return.

Is it POSSIBLE they could be detained or arrested upon departure or arrival? I suppose so. Is it likely? No way to know for sure.

Ultimately, they need to take care of these warrants. They will NOT go away, and they can ultimately cause all manner of problems down the road including financial and criminal ones.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

1. Sponsored Links