Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Can a Debt be Reported as Delinquent if Insurance Payment is Still Pending

I have more than one health insurance company. Anyways what happened is they took my primary for the my secondary. So I had a to call a few companies everything got revised and fixed!

However I have this one annoying company. That kept telling me I owe them $300.00 I told them that is incorrect. I even had both health insurance companies call this lady and tell her that its pending on both right now. So it has to go through the primary then through the secondary. AS OF RIGHT NOW!!! The lady went ahead and reported me to a debit collector and the debit collector is now showing on my credit report. I called them both and told what happened sent them copies. And even brought up the question. How can I pay bill when we have no idea what the amount is ?? How can I get through to the debit collector and the billing company?

Keep in mind -
    Both insurances companies talked to billing company. I truly think the lady working in the billing department is new. I can't seem to get anyone else either.

And for the record -
    The insurance companies will completely pay off the entire bill too! thats what so dumb about all this..

Default Re: Medical Bill Pending Still However a Debit Collector Went Ahead and Reported Me A

What your insurance company is paying or not paying is immaterial when it comes to the fact that the providers have a right to be paid.

Default Re: Medical Bill Pending Still However a Debit Collector Went Ahead and Reported Me A

Quote Quoting questionsabout
    View Post
    That kept telling me I owe them $300.00
    How long have they been telling you this. If it's past due a couple of months and you have already gotten late notices, the way you avoid collection agencies is you pay the bill and get your insurance company to reimburse you.

View Post
    Anyways what happened is they took my primary for the my secondary.
    Proofreading is your friend. Also, who are "they"?

View Post
    I have this one annoying company. That kept telling me I owe them $300.00 I told them that is incorrect. I even had both health insurance companies call this lady and tell her that its pending on both right now. So it has to go through the primary then through the secondary. AS OF RIGHT NOW!!! The lady went ahead and reported me to a debit collector and the debit collector is now showing on my credit report. I called them both and told what happened sent them copies. And even brought up the question. How can I pay bill when we have no idea what the amount is ?? How can I get through to the debit collector and the billing company?
    Not sure I understand your questions. You asked how you can "pay [the] bill when we [whoever "we" are] have no idea what the amount is," but you wrote that the "annoying company" told you that the amount is $300. I assume this "annoying company" is some sort of medical provider. If that's right, and if this provider provided you with some service, then you do owe the money. That you have insurance doesn't change that.

So...what exactly is your question?

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    What your insurance company is paying or not paying is immaterial when it comes to the fact that the providers have a right to be paid.
    The primary insurance company paid 70% ish of it. The other insurance company assured me they are paying the rest just talked to me yesterday. The lady handling the bill doesn't understand this completely. I asked her yesterday how can I pay a bill when we do not even have a balance? Then I talked to her debitor and told them this lady doesn't understand. And even though I faxed over all the copies the lady at debitor thanks I am lying or making false debits I believe. Yes this total incompetence complete stupidity. I never ever had something like this happen in my life ever.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post

Not sure I understand your questions. You asked how you can "pay [the] bill when we [whoever "we" are] have no idea what the amount is," but you wrote that the "annoying company" told you that the amount is $300. I assume this "annoying company" is some sort of medical provider. If that's right, and if this provider provided you with some service, then you do owe the money. That you have insurance doesn't change that.

So...what exactly is your question?
    How do I get it through this thick ladies skull that it is not physically possible to pay a bill if I do not know what the balance is.. (for the record everything will be paid by insurance) Isn't there some sort of law saying they can't report you to a collector if they do not even know what the amount is? This really is so silly if you ask me. I think lady billing me just doesn't understand I do not know how to make it any clearer. I sent her the first doc that was paid by the insurance company which she is saying isn't true or correct. Even though I had the primary insurance call her and talk to and the secondary insurance company talk to her, I was on the phone at the same time. Then when I faxed over everything to the bill collector and talked to them they think I am making anything up. I said something about the lady who reported me for $300 that she just doesn't understand at all the bill collector told me no one ever makes a mistake ha!

Anyways for the mean time its still showing my credit report that I owe $300 which at this very moment is actually $280.00 and soon to be 0.00 as in 30-60 days will be paid off by the second insurance company.. Overall I want the bill collector to wake up and see whats acutally going on. Its just complete incompetence.

The first call took months ago, the lady told me she was going to rebill but never did and just to report me to collectors. The insurance companies told me to tell her to resubmit it, and I did. But she didn't and reported me to collectors, so then recently I called her with the secondary and primary insurance companies a 3 way call.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post

HA yes you are correct. And to make matters worse my english sucks... HOWEVER!!! other billing companies I just talked to months ago they resubmitted it and never had this issues. And if it helps any too When the hospital first took my insurance they took my primary as my secondary and then I had to get everything rebilled again.

You can insult us all you want but that doesn't change the fact that you are responsible for the debt no matter what you think your insurance company should be paying. You can try to string the provider along on the promise the insurance company will pay, or you can pay what they claim you owe now and deal with your insurers in time.

I find it hard to beleive they didn't give you an amount. It may not be the amount YOU think you owe, but it is the amount THEY think you owe. I've never seen a debt collector who didn't have a number they wanted you to pay. And no, there is no such law that says they can't put the accounts in collections. The major protections only occur when a third party debt collector tries to collect on their behalf, but even then you've not said anything that doesn't fall in line with the FDCPA laws.

Not one notice. However when my mail man goes on vacation which he gets about 4 weeks a year I constantly get other peoples mail. I get along with my main mail man very well. As for the others ha the one mail man I went to introduce myself the one day asked him what his name was and said heres your mail ignored my hand shake and then gave me my neighbors mail. And actually now that I think of it they were actually medical bills from neighbor the last time. I work from my porch a lot. I tried telling the temporary mail man he kept walking. sooo it is what is. Did they send notices I would assume so the collection agency said they did. However I never received a single one. And I only received one bill ever from the lady who doesn't understand the billing. She told me she sent about 3, which I just do not trust her at all. Shes root of all the issues to begin with and has lied to me because she never followed up the first time I talked to her months ago when she said she was going to resubmit the bill and never did. I however left a bunch of messages that she never returned too. All in all I have easily contacted the billing lady easy 50 times. And about 15 times actually got through to her. I'm not making up any of the numbers. I came to found out she would answer each time if It was a insurance company number.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You can insult us all you want but that doesn't change the fact that you are responsible for the debt no matter what you think your insurance company should be paying. You can try to string the provider along on the promise the insurance company will pay, or you can pay what they claim you owe now and deal with your insurers in time.

I find it hard to believe they didn't give you an amount. It may not be the amount YOU think you owe, but it is the amount THEY think you owe. I've never seen a debt collector who didn't have a number they wanted you to pay. And no, there is no such law that says they can't put the accounts in collections. The major protections only occur when a third party debt collector tries to collect on their behalf, but even then you've not said anything that doesn't fall in line with the FDCPA laws.
    @ flyingron WOW I'm horribly sorry how did I insult you? I didn't mean it like this at all. What did you take as insult? Please understand I did not try to insult you in anyway. YES you do understand what I am saying and you are right I am responsible but how do I pay something when we do not know the balance still. Isn't this unbelievable? I pmed to you I really didn't mean to insult you in anyway. If it helps any my english is truly not the best I was born partially deaf and still to this day I am trying to improve my english. And I admitting every bit of the truth. The above comment was right I am horrible at proof reading. I want fast answers like everyone else. I sincerely apologize if my english comment came off the wrong way. And yes you are correct but I need the billing lady to finish her job so I can even get a balance. How can I pay something when I do not know the balance? I do not care if its $200 or 0.01 I can't pay till I have number or know what I need to pay, but as of right now its sitting in collections with the incorrect amount. The lady did finally admit this morning (called again ) but still won't remove me from the collections, I told the collections company and they think I am giving them false documents. As of right now people need to communicate but they are not. I do not know how to say to the billing lady or collections there is a HORRIBLE BIG MISTAKE! The billing lady isn't that down the earth and only seems to do her job half of the time, and the collections people aren't quite all there either, or maybe they just do not know how to deal with a person who is straight forward like me. The fact is I want this resolved as fast as possible, but everyone's dragging so I am trying to find a law a solution or whatever to get things moving.

For the record working with all the other billing companies everything worked out fantastic. Its just this one lady, she is the center of the sillyness. Shes the one who holds the contract over the debit collector. They are just doing there job I understand that.

When you refer to posters as needing to get something through their "thick heads," it is an insult. It's hard to think you intended it otherwise.

I didn't refer to any of the posters as a thick head. (scroll up)

This is what I said - "How do I get it through this thick ladies skull that it is not physically possible to pay a bill if I "

I was referring to the billing lady.

Actually so far this forum has been the biggest help with a lot of odd ball stuff over the years. I do not have one bad thing to say about this forum.

I am asking this for a reason. How long has it been since the date of service you are being billed for? I'm not interested in any date except the one on which you saw the doctor, had the procedure, were released from the hospital, whatever.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast