Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Medical Bill Pending Still However a Debit Collector Went Ahead and Reported Me A

June 5th 2018 ( again keep in mind I called this lady multiple times throughout the year constantly telling her I had multiple insurance companies.)

Default Re: Medical Bill Pending Still However a Debit Collector Went Ahead and Reported Me A

How many insurance companies you have is not the legal issue. How many times you told her there is insurance pending is not the legal issue.

What is the legal issue is that if the insurance carriers still have the claim pending seven months later, they are within their rights to demand payment from you and let you be reimbursed by the insurance. I'm sure it's annoying, but they are on firm legal ground.

Thank you that helps some. A lot of the insurance reps I talked to from the one insurance company kept telling me to have her call them or resubmit it. I then talked to the lady and she told me she did. I recently found out she never did then submitted me to a debit collector. I mean all the other billing companies resubmitted it. So this lady just reports me to a debit collector they destroy my credit, because of this ladys incompetence.

So heres what I am looking at - (I assume )
    1. living with the tick on my credit score for the next 10 years (yea right ... like that is going to happen agh so frustrating I will find a way to fight this)
    2. or taking this in front of a judge and showing him that due to her incompetence she lied to me made a mistake multiple times. (then finally I had to come in talk to her another 10 times then get both insurance companies on the phone) I did record her after the last few times so I do have proof.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    How many insurance companies you have is not the legal issue. How many times you told her there is insurance pending is not the legal issue.

What is the legal issue is that if the insurance carriers still have the claim pending seven months later, they are within their rights to demand payment from you and let you be reimbursed by the insurance. I'm sure it's annoying, but they are on firm legal ground.
    How do you know what "firm legal ground" is? You are hardly a lawyer who practices this specialty.

If I did work for you and I sent the bill to a guy across town and had no proof of billing/service, having not billed you WOULD BE a legal problem for me in any courtroom.

Seven months is nothing for an insurance company. I am still receiving medical bills for service back in Feb 2018. But maybe Health Net is a small company that is just learning how to bill.

And maybe I've worked with health insurance for the last 40 years and have learned just a little bit about it in that time.

Tell me, Chuck, would my answer be acceptable to you if I adapted my settings so that you could see when I'm online?

Quote Quoting questionsabout
    View Post
    So heres what I am looking at - (I assume )
    1. living with the tick on my credit score for the next 10 years (yea right ... like that is going to happen agh so frustrating I will find a way to fight this)
    2. or taking this in front of a judge and showing him that due to her incompetence she lied to me made a mistake multiple times. (then finally I had to come in talk to her another 10 times then get both insurance companies on the phone) I did record her after the last few times so I do have proof.
    unless the insurance companies involved are ppo’s, hmo’s or some other managed system, you are terribly misunderstanding your rights here.

1. It’s 7 years and if the debt is valid, they have a right to report it

2. Unless it’s one of the managed forms of healthcare systems, a judge is simply going to tell you to pay your bill.

Your healthcare provider, unless they are contractually bound to an insurance provider, can bill you and expect payment at the time of services. If you don’t pay the bill immediately they can start collectiOn efforts, including suing you if you don’t pay. They are not obligated to wait for your insurance provider to process the bill.

As to what the bill you owe it:

whatever amount that has not been paid in full at this moment.

If the insurance providers are part of a managed healthcare system, about all you can do is ask the insurance providers to advocate for you and enforce and power they have under the contracts involved. If they state they have no authority to delay your billing, well, it’s time to pay the bill and seek reimbursement from your insurance provider.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    And maybe I've worked with health insurance for the last 40 years and have learned just a little bit about it in that time.

Tell me, Chuck, would my answer be acceptable to you if I adapted my settings so that you could see when I'm online?
    I still doubt you have ever been in a courtroom for a matter such as this. If you had, you would know the first thing the judge verifies is that the person who received services was properly billed and made aware of money due. If the service provider is billing the wrong person, it would be thrown out.

As for your green light, there is a common thread between the sleazy trolls and those that turn them off. Just saying.

You just go right on thinking you have all the answers, Chuckie boy.

And you know what? Since it really doesn't make any difference to me whether you can see if I'm online or not, I'm going to let you have your way. Just to show who the troll is.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    unless the insurance companies involved are ppo’s, hmo’s or some other managed system, you are terribly misunderstanding your rights here.

1. It’s 7 years and if the debt is valid, they have a right to report it

2. Unless it’s one of the managed forms of healthcare systems, a judge is simply going to tell you to pay your bill.

Your healthcare provider, unless they are contractually bound to an insurance provider, can bill you and expect payment at the time of services. If you don’t pay the bill immediately they can start collectiOn efforts, including suing you if you don’t pay. They are not obligated to wait for your insurance provider to process the bill.

As to what the bill you owe it:

whatever amount that has not been paid in full at this moment.

If the insurance providers are part of a managed healthcare system, about all you can do is ask the insurance providers to advocate for you and enforce and power they have under the contracts involved. If they state they have no authority to delay your billing, well, it’s time to pay the bill and seek reimbursement from your insurance provider.
    You are right I do not practice law. However that doesn't stop me from asking experts like on this forum, or picking up a book or reading. I have read some law but there is still a lot I do not know. I just don't see how its legally possible to submit a unpaid amount when they don't know the unpaid as of right now. The amount that is showing as of right now is a incorrect amount, and the other morning when I spoke to lady in the billing department she couldn't give me amount. So even if I wanted to pay the rest of it I still can't possibly pay at this time because its still pending with the billing company. HOWEVER!! still showing on my credit report. Which as of right now this very moment a incorrect amount or a incorrect collection. How is it physically possible to pay something when they won't even accept my money at this point?

Just for the record the other insurance company is picking up rest of the bill.
    And keep in mind the first insurance company already paid months ago. (which that lady never updated in her system.)
    And there is something horribly wrong with that one lady's billing system.

And I have no problem paying for bills, however again I can't even pay it at this minute because they don't know to the total or will not accept my money.

For the most part after reading more I may just have to fax my paperwork showing that it is a mistake to major 3 major credit companies. If I did take this judge I think he would agree with me. How can you physically pay a bill when A you have no amount?? and B they reported me before they had a correct amount too. Right?? Am I missing something? I mean time machines don't exist yet do they? haha

Actually as of right now as long as this site is correct then it should fall under a false debt right? Because actually the amount being picked by the other insurance is less than what they are asking for.
    https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-...ector-en-1401/

You ignored my statement.

What is currently outstanding is what you owe. Pending is irrelevent. As long as you believe the amount isn’t correct because there are outstanding insurance issues, you’ll be wrong.

As to them not acceptkmg your money: have you actually sent a check to them? I haven’t heard you say anything about having sent them money.

If the other insursnce company is picking up the rest of the bill, then why is the rest of the bill not paid?

As to a judge agreeing with you: not based on anything you have explained here. They rendered services. You owe the full amount. Whether your insurance company indemnifies you is an issue between you and your insurance company. Not the provider and the insurance company.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast