Default Court Access Program for Illinois

I live in Wisconsin where we have a website that allows people to look up past and current court cases: https://wcca.wicourts.gov/case.html

I would like to know if Illinois has something like this. I've used Google, but have only found the home page for Illinois courts, but nothing so far similar to what I'm looking for: http://www.illinoiscourts.gov/ I've scanned through this site but still haven't found a way to search for court cases. Does someone here know where I can find what I'm looking for?

Default Re: Court Access Program for Illinois

There does not appear to be a statewide resource for that in Illinois. Some county courts have that functionality on their sites but it's not required.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    There does not appear to be a statewide resource for that in Illinois. Some county courts have that functionality on their sites but it's not required.
    If they don't have that, then do you know of any other way of looking up an ongoing case?

Quote Quoting Novicelegal
    View Post
    If they don't have that, then do you know of any other way of looking up an ongoing case?
    Go to the courthouse where the case is being heard? You can also try judici.com. It appears to be a third-party that aggregates data from some courts in Illinois. It does charge a subscription fee for access.

Quote Quoting free9man
    View Post
    Go to the courthouse where the case is being heard? You can also try judici.com. It appears to be a third-party that aggregates data from some courts in Illinois. It does charge a subscription fee for access.
    Thank you!
    I wouldn't be able to go there very well since I don't live there. I was actually wanting to keep tabs on an injury lawsuit my brother is involved with, but he has difficulty understanding what is going on and has to rely on his lawyer to explain everything, although I don't think my brother comprehends most of what he says. I was hoping to get some insight and give him some guidance.

In what county is your brother's case pending?

Why does your brother have difficulty understanding what his lawyer says? Is your brother mentally impaired or are he and the lawyer not native speakers of the same language? Or is it because your brother simply cannot understand legal concepts? If it's the latter, then it is incumbent on him to tell his lawyer when he doesn't understand something and ask for a better explanation. It is, of course, also incumbent on the lawyer to explain things in a way that your brother can understand, but if your brother doesn't let his lawyer know he's not understanding things, the lawyer may not be aware.

1. Sponsored Links