Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: 8 Year Old Boy Was Taking Seroquel and Got Tardive Dyskinesia, Do I Have a Lawsui

I found her bio. On Google but 0 found results for board certified

I also see that the age to prescribe Seroquel is 10 years old . Also there are several lawsuits settled from all the psychosis drugs Risperdone, Abilify and Seroquel for the side effects of TD. And to prove that it was the psychosis drugs. They put him on Propranolol and Benztropine and bennedril and the neurologist said if it is TD then those will work to stop his tremors. And it does until morning when he wakes. . The neurologist said it could be permanent but the meds would help with it. Like covering it up I suppose

Default Re: 8 Year Old Boy Was Taking Seroquel and Got Tardive Dyskinesia, Do I Have a Lawsui

Congentin (benzotropine) and Benadryl (diphenhydramine) are both common treatments for tardive dyskinesia.
    https://www.nami.org/learn-more/trea...ive-dyskinesia
    https://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/...e-dyskinesia#1
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

Is your child off these medications prescribed by his psychologist and psychiatrist ?

The lawsuits you are referring to were against the drug manufacturers.

They put him back on 1mg Abilify. And yes you're right about lawsuits.

So what I'm thinking is if this is a permanent injury side effect then its cause for a look at by an attorney with med. Plus what about the fact my child was 8 years old and been given a drug that states 10 years old or older

What is "Board Certified" actually mean

I was just reading my sons medical records. It states "induced Dyskinesia " caused from Seroquel. Also I read the whole thing on Seroquel for days now . It states" the use of Seroquel under 10 years old is unknown "

Quote Quoting Atwood
    View Post
    I was just reading my sons medical records. It states "induced Dyskinesia " caused from Seroquel. Also I read the whole thing on Seroquel for days now . It states" the use of Seroquel under 10 years old is unknown "
    Doctors should discuss the risks and benefits with patients or parents. In some serious conditions. The possible benefits can outweigh the possible risks. Have you asked your sons psychologist and psychiatrist why they did not discuss this with you ? Why, in their professional opinions. the possible benefits outweighed the possible risks ?

I will we go back next Wednesday for the first time.

Quote Quoting Atwood
    View Post
    I will we go back next Wednesday for the first time.
    Have you gotten a copy of your sons medical records from his psychiatrist and psychiatrist?

We called about all 8 places . Some we have to go through the email and faxing back paper work. Or red tape I suppose

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast