Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Minor Developed Tardive Dyskinesia While Taking Seroquel

My question involves malpractice in the state of:Illinois 8 years old and been on Risperdone, Abilify and recently Seroquel and got Tardive Dyskinesia

Default Re: 8 Year Old Boy Was Taking Seroquel and Got Tardive Dyskinesia, Do I Have a Lawsui

No one here can definitely say whether you do or not. You would need to have all the child's medical records reviewed by a med-mal attorney in your area for a proper guess.

Given that TD is a known possible side effect of Seroquel, and assuming that was disclosed to you, it may be difficult to make a claim.

Default Re: 8 Year Old Boy Was Taking Seroquel and Got Tardive Dyskinesia, Do I Have a Lawsui

You would need to speak with a lawyer that could find doctors that could review the case. There is no simple Yes or No answer to this question.

The case needs to be reviewed for whether this was a medically appropriate prescription and dose, whether any warning signs were overlooked, whether there was appropriate informed consent for the prescription, and other possible sources of liability.

Any drug which screws up dopamine receptors can lead to TD. However, it's not an automatic jump from the fact that you were taking the drug to it being causal for the TD. You need to contact an attorney who specializes is such things to determine if there is a possibility that you can recover anything.

Was not disclosed to us at all. Thanks

Did you read everything you were given when the drug(s) was subscribed?

No . We had no clue what was going on with him just that he was twitching on every limb and face doing some stuff too. The local ER was going to send home home cause the blood test come back negative. So I argued with the doctor on staff. He then called a neurological hospital and they had him in ICU for 3 days . He was on Risperdone for a year then Abilify for 2 years then this Seroquel these last 3 months.

We never had any disclosures of these psychosis medications being bad news.

I'm betting that the information sheets that came with the scrips probably had this information on there. I guess anything is possible though. Again, you'll need to have the records reviewed by a med-mal attorney in your area for a more in-depth analysis.

All three of those medicines have lower incidences of TD based on research but not 0%.

I don't think the Seroquel by itself is responsible. It is likely the long term use of the three drugs that cumulatively caused it.

I'll have to look and see if we still have the sheets. We've always just trusted the psychologist . I guess I should of been more alert on that part. And yes I agree with all the meds. He started taking these drugs at 5 years old.

Quote Quoting Atwood
    View Post
    Was not disclosed to us at all. Thanks
    It’s disclosed on the medical information literature that is provided with the medicine.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast