Default Lender Won't Give Title After Loan Payoff

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of:

I paid off the loan on my motorcycle, but Harley Davidson Credit Won't Release the title, claims money is still owed.

Default Re: Paid Off Loan on My Motorcycle but Harley Davidson Credit Won't Releas Title ,cla

We shall need some additional details to comment on this. You'll need to reply to the thread as the time to edit your OP has passed.

Default Re: Lender Won't Give Title After Loan Payoff

You may be able to get some help from your state's agencies that oversees lending activity, or your state attorney general's office's consumer affairs division.

It sounds like the fundamental issue is an accounting problem. When you followed up with the lender to see why they were showing a balance at the conclusion of the loan, what did you learn? For example, are they claiming that you did not make payments that were in fact made? Are they assessing late fees or other costs due to late payments? Are they charging for insurance due to a lapse in your own coverage? Once you have that information, you will be in a position to document that the charges are inappropriate -- or may find out that you do, in fact, owe a balance.

1. Sponsored Links