Default Getting a Passport With a Name Discrepancy in Your ID

hello,
    My name is Victoria and I am 21 years old. I am planning a vacation on a cruise next year and need to get a passport. However, my middle name I have always gone by “Marie” is not listed on my SSC or birth certificate but it is present on my license. Will this prevent me from getting a passport?

Default Re: Passport

Quote Quoting torirosamilia
    View Post
    hello,
    My name is Victoria and I am 21 years old. I am planning a vacation on a cruise next year and need to get a passport. However, my middle name I have always gone by “Marie” is not listed on my SSC or birth certificate but it is present on my license. Will this prevent me from getting a passport?
    Its not going to help. I would suggest that you get it removed from your license since it was never legally part of your name.

Default Re: Passport

Probably not.

Check out the how to get a passport site:

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-to-apply.html

Visit your local passport office with your Birth Certificate, driver license and social security card.

If there is an issue with your name, you'll be given instructions on what needs to be done. Might just be an additional form to fill out though my guess is that your passport might default to your birth certificate name.

By the way, next year is tomorrow. Do it soon as it takes a while for the passport to be mailed to you.

1. Sponsored Links