Default Taking My Runaway Child to Another Family Member

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Oregon. I want to take my 15yr old daughter who is a habitual runaway with behavioral issues to Hawaii. Family members want to take her as I have tried everything here but she doesn't listen to me. How do I get her on the plane if she refuses to go?

Default Re: Taking My Runaway Child to Another Family Member

Quote Quoting Trents808
    View Post
    My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Oregon. I want to take my 15yr old daughter who is a habitual runaway with behavioral issues to Hawaii. Family members want to take her as I have tried everything here but she doesn't listen to me. How do I get her on the plane if she refuses to go?
    Does she have another parent who would object to her being moved to Hawaii? Other than that, you would simply have to have enough authority with your child that she would obey you and get on the plane. I don't think that the airline would assist you in forcing her on the plane and if she made a big enough scene, I am pretty sure that the airline would not allow her on the plane.

Quote Quoting Trents808
    View Post
    Family members want to take her
    What "family members," and where do they want to take her?

Quote Quoting Trents808
    View Post
    How do I get her on the plane if she refuses to go?
    As a practical matter, you probably don't because I doubt any airline is going to allow you to drag your daughter onto a plane against her will. Your post seems to raise parenting issues, not legal issues.

P.S. When you say you "want to take [your] daughter . . . to Hawaii," are you talking about moving there or just going there on vacation?

You could try taking her phone, laptop, computer,all of her money, etc. Tell her you will give them back to her when you get where you are going in Hawaii. Of course that does not mean the family members she will be staying with will not take them from her.

This behavior is common with teenagers. I know how physically, mentally and emotionally exhausting it can be for the parents. Have you put her in counseling ? Are you in counseling ? It can help parents to get professional support and advice.

Don't be surprised if she wants to cone back back home when the new wears off. This is also common. Be sure and find out what the schools in the area require for her to be enrolled. Be sure you give the family members she will be staying with. The legal documents they need to give permission for medical care and other things.

1. Sponsored Links