Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Default Re: You Don't Need a Drivers License to Travel on Public Roadway

Barney vs. Board of Railroad Commissioners , 17p.2d82

I dont no how much more clear you can get

When did you pass the bar exam?

So a 1982 Montana case upholding the state's right to regulate public carriers is clear about what as far as the requirement of driver's license for a private citizen?

Quote Quoting jhceres
    View Post
    Barney vs. Board of Railroad Commissioners , 17p.2d82

I dont no how much more clear you can get

When did you pass the bar exam?
    That case has nothing to do with the power of the state to require licenses to drive. Nor do the other cases you listed directly address that either. I gave you cases where that was directly the issue and when directly confronted with the issue, guess what all the courts — from the U.S. Supreme Court on down — have said? All of then have upheld the state's power to require licenses to drive. The fact that the sources you're using totally ignore the cases that are directly on point when those should be the most important ones tells me the authors are not interested in informing people of the truth. Instead, they seek to mislead people into believing a position they want to be true. And unfortunately you seem to one of those they hooked with their misleading claims, probably because you also so badly want to believe its true that you will ignore all the evidence given to the contrary. If you ever get stopped without a license and try the arguments you are peddling here, you will lose because those arguments are losers. I'd love to be in court the day you try it.

Quote Quoting jhceres
    View Post
    Never heard of your "mensa group" sorry

Miller v. .u.s. 230 f 2d 486, 489
    Treveling is a constitutional right, keep that in mind when you look up miller v u.s.
    Have you ever heard of this United States Supreme Court case, which admittedly makes you right, I'm sure to the dismay of others, and myself included, (sorry boys, wink), it's not online; Simmons v. U.S. Department of Transportation, 3 CRANCH 52, (2017).

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    Have you ever heard of this United States Supreme Court case, which admittedly makes you right, I'm sure to the dismay of others, and myself included, (sorry boys, wink), it's not online; Simmons v. U.S. Department of Transportation, 3 CRANCH 52, (2017).
    If its not online, how can anyone verify what it says?

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    If its not online, how can anyone verify what it says?
    See your PM.

You have that cite right? Cranch only served as reporter between 1801 and 1815. The 3 Cranch is from around 1805 NOT 2017.
    Further, I can't find anything with that cite (which looks bogus anyway because if you were to sue the DOT, it would just be Simmons v. United States, the DOT is not a separate entity).

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    Eh? 3 Cranch from 2017? Chortle. Those reports are from the early 19th century.
    check your PM.

Quote Quoting flyingron
    View Post
    You have that cite right? Cranch only served as reporter between 1801 and 1815. The 3 Cranch is from around 1805 NOT 2017.
    Further, I can't find anything with that cite (which looks bogus anyway because if you were to sue the DOT, it would just be Simmons v. United States, the DOT is not a separate entity).
    RJR's cite is clearly bogus. I think RJR was hoping the OP would run with it without even attempting to really look at it, proving just how little real independent thought some of these folks who support the idea that states cannot require licenses really put into it before spouting that position.

But you are not correct that all suits against the federal Department of Transportation (or any other federal department or agency) would always be against the United States. Some claims against federal government departments or agencies must be in the name of the United States, some in the name of the agency itself, and some against the head of that agency (either by name or by title). For example, suits against the IRS that originate in Tax Court are always captioned as Taxpayer v. Commissioner. But if you sue the IRS for a refund in the Court of Federal Claims or District Court, the case must be captioned Taxpayer v. United States. And then in some other cases, like IRS employee appeals of Merit Systems Protection Board decisions, the cases are captioned Employee v. Internal Revenue Service. How the cases are captioned therefore depends on the particular type of legal issue involved and the court in which it is litigated.

Exactly TM. If he did not pick up on CRANCH, that would prove he knows nothing about legal citations. I knew you others would though.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast