Default Vehicle Title Transfer from an Estate

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: Utah,

My deceased husband left behind a car which was in his name only. I am the executor and legal representative of my husbands estate. When I called to the DMV they would not give me any information on the title because my husbands identical twin had went had his name put on the title of the car. The car itself was a part of a legal dispute at the time.

How was this possible for him to make this happen, when my husband had passed away?

Thanks!

Default Re: Title Transfer

What was the legal dispute at the time? Was the car titled to both brothers or just your husband?

Default Re: Title Transfer

When you went to the DMV with your title and the death certificate and your appointment as representative of the estate, what did the clerk tell you?

Default Re: Vehicle Title Transfer from an Estate

If you qualify, there is a process to transfer title from a deceased spouse to a surviving spouse by affidavit. See this form.

1. Sponsored Links