Default Is It Legal for State to Destroy Repeated 911 Calls in a He-Said-She-Said

My question involves police conduct in the State of: Iowa
    I tried to restate a problem to another board after an expression of incompetence, and that was deleted. So I will try to further boil it down here.
    Does relevant evidence include prior 911 calls by a complainer stating that a lawful resident has no right to be in the same neighborhood and must be arrested at his nearby residence for appearing threatening? This complainer made these unilateral claims for years and sheriff once came to the tenant address and was told by the procured witness (also a resident of one of the various lawfully addressed properties along that road, all of which he is the landlord) to never return to tenant address for whatever future cause, and he agreed. Is the failure to prosecute either tenant or the 911 civil false claim(s) against private property/business/life pertinent to later prosecution for repeated unilateral claim(s), or even constitute a high crime? Is it legal to actively suppress defendant demands upon court to explain said prior 911 death threats against defendant?

Default Re: Is It Legal for State to Destroy Repeated 911 Calls in a He-Said-She-Said

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    I tried to restate a problem to another board after an expression of incompetence, and that was deleted. So I will try to further boil it down here.
    Does relevant evidence include prior 911 calls by a complainer stating that a lawful resident has no right to be in the same neighborhood and must be arrested at his nearby residence for appearing threatening? This complainer made these unilateral claims for years and sheriff once came to the tenant address and was told by the procured witness (also a resident of one of the various lawfully addressed properties along that road, all of which he is the landlord) to never return to tenant address for whatever future cause, and he agreed. Is the failure to prosecute either tenant or the 911 civil false claim(s) against private property/business/life pertinent to later prosecution for repeated unilateral claim(s), or even constitute a high crime? Is it legal to actively suppress defendant demands upon court to explain said prior 911 death threats against defendant?
    That is a little difficult to understand. Why not just explain what happened, like telling a story, and then ask your questions.

Default Re: Is It Legal for State to Destroy Repeated 911 Calls in a He-Said-She-Said

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    There is no way for us to know whether prior 911 calls might be "relevant" to an unknown type of criminal or civil case. If someone's attorney considered the info relevant, they could bring it up in court if they wished to do so. And, what duty an agency might have to save any record of 911 calls will depend upon the state's record retention laws for such things.

Also, the filing of criminal charges and prosecution is a political decision and not generally mandated under the law. Failure to prosecute someone is generally not going to be any form of malfeasance at all.

As suggested by Ilworking, perhaps you can explain what happened and then ask your question.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Another restatement, almost to absurdity: Are lawfully parked vehicles a privacy barr to police ingress to your home on the unilateral word of a neighbor regarding a dispute they admit starting themselves (no medical emergency.) Assume a law-abiding residential front with front door is available.

Please stop pretending you understand legal terms. Explain in simple English what your problem is. Your questions are gobbledygook.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Another restatement, almost to absurdity: Are lawfully parked vehicles a privacy barr to police ingress to your home on the unilateral word of a neighbor regarding a dispute they admit starting themselves (no medical emergency.) Assume a law-abiding residential front with front door is available.
    One of my first year law school professors said often that "facts drive the analysis". He was quite right. The exact facts matter in any legal analysis and you have not given us really anything about the facts to allow us to provide any meaningful comment. Avoid the temptation to try to sound like a lawyer and toss in words and phrases that you think sound legally impressive. That just gets in the way and makes your questions difficult to understand because you don't really know the terms and how to use them. In law school they preached the KISS principle: where possible, keep it simple. So tell us, in simple terms, what the facts are and then ask what you want to know without trying use a bunch of legal jargon. What did the police do when they got to the home? What was the complaint that brought them there? Where were the cars you mentioned and why are they relevant to what the police did? Did the police enter the home? Did they search either the vehicles or the home? Did they find anything incriminating? Give us those kinds of facts.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Does relevant evidence include prior 911 calls by a complainer stating that a lawful resident has no right to be in the same neighborhood and must be arrested at his nearby residence for appearing threatening?
    Relevant to what? Lawful resident of what? Same neighborhood as what? Arrested for what? Appearing threatening to whom?

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    This complainer made these unilateral claims for years and sheriff once came to the tenant address
    Tenant? What tenant?

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    sheriff once came to the tenant address and was told by the procured witness (also a resident of one of the various lawfully addressed properties along that road, all of which he is the landlord) to never return to tenant address for whatever future cause, and he agreed.
    What does "procured witness" mean? Why would someone tell a sheriff "to never return" somewhere, and why would the sheriff agree to something like that?

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Is the failure to prosecute either tenant or the 911 civil false claim(s) against private property/business/life pertinent to later prosecution for repeated unilateral claim(s), or even constitute a high crime?
    Even if I interpret "high crime" to mean a felony, a "failure to prosecute" is never a crime. The balance of this question makes little sense.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Is it legal to actively suppress defendant demands upon court to explain said prior 911 death threats against defendant?
    Not really sure what this means, but no defendant in a criminal case is in any position to "demand" that a court explain anything.

Quote Quoting Cymulacra
    View Post
    Are lawfully parked vehicles a privacy barr to police ingress to your home on the unilateral word of a neighbor regarding a dispute they admit starting themselves (no medical emergency.)
    I have no idea "privacy barr [sic]" might mean. A parked car could, in theory block "police ingress" to a home, but that wouldn't have anything to do with any privacy issue or "the unilateral word of a neighbor."

I agree with all of the other responses that your writing is nearly unintelligible.

To give you an idea, you might start out your story with "I am having problems with a neighbor" and then go on to explain the problems and then ask your questions.

1. Sponsored Links