Default Proper Reasons for Restraining Order Appeal

My question involves restraining orders in the State of: Ca

So basically, the judge that saw my case clearly hadn't read anything I wrote. She gave a summary of the situation that both sides knew was clearly wrong. Then the judge sided with the petitioner about whether or not I had been given my documents I was demanding, even though she had no idea. She just sided with the petitioner on everything. I told the petitioner, "prove it" regarding the documents. The petitioner held up the documents she said she sent to me, and that I returned them. They were in her hands, clearly I didn't have them. the judge said, "Yes, you were given the documents." and I said, "Did you hear what she just said? She said the documents were returned."

Did the judge look at the documents to see if it was returned by the mail carrier, did the judge do anything? No, she just went silent.

There are a bunch of people I don't even know on my restraining order, and it's a work violence restraining order even though I don't work there, haven't threatened violence nor committed any. I mean, the courts are way dumber than I would have even expected. She never went over the people, and clearly hadn't read my document that outlines how over half the people listed are not people I've ever interacted with.

Is any of that a reasonable basis for an appeal working? I mean, I gave actual proof to things like tracking numbers and phone numbers, and she didn't even look into a shred of my evidence. It was just stupid.

Default Re: Proper Reasons for Restraining Order Appeal

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post
    Is any of that a reasonable basis for an appeal working?
    We have no conceivable way of knowing. Your post starts in the middle of a much longer story and you provided no background facts or context.

Quote Quoting twindle
    View Post

Is any of that a reasonable basis for an appeal working?

I doubt it.

You obviously had some sort of relationship with the petitioner or you wouldn't have been in court in the first place. Equally obvious that the woman wanted nothing more to do with you and felt compelled to file for a restraining order, perhaps (judging by your attitude toward woman) because you wouldn't take no for an answer.

Women have a distinct advantage when filing for restraining orders. All they have to do is say you've given them reason to fear you and they get the order because judge's prefer to err on the side of caution. An appellate court judge will read the proceedings and will let the order stand because he will believe that the trial judge was in the best position to examine the attitudes and demeanor of both parties.

All you need to do now is leave the woman alone and get on with your life.

How hard can that be?

Well, presuming what I've said is true. I've articulated the whole event in a word document, but it's too much and too personal to post here. The gist is that I got hurt by an orthopedic doctor referred to by the petitioner. I ended up very screwed up. When I could finally walk days later, I went to see the petitioner. They didn't look at my leg that was hurt, and diagnosed me with a mental illness, which they hid from me. It is true that I was also screwed up mentally. I know now that what I was suffering from was delirium.

When I found out what they diagnosed me with, I confronted them about it rudely, and got kicked off their platform after they messed with my account for a while. They also kicked me out of their care, but I didn't know it at the time. They told me over the platform they kicked me off first. During that time, I made verbal complaints over the telephone to the office, unaware of being kicked out. I also asked for my medical record since I especially wanted the notes from the doctor that hurt me. I was ignored. So I sent in faxes, they were ignored. So I left messages over their messaging system to the doctors involved. They were ignored. So I found them on facebook and was ignored. Then I got a restraining order put on me.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I doubt it.

You obviously had some sort of relationship with the petitioner or you wouldn't have been in court in the first place. Equally obvious that the woman wanted nothing more to do with you and felt compelled to file for a restraining order, perhaps (judging by your attitude toward woman) because you wouldn't take no for an answer.

Women have a distinct advantage when filing for restraining orders. All they have to do is say you've given them reason to fear you and they get the order because judge's prefer to err on the side of caution. An appellate court judge will read the proceedings and will let the order stand because he will believe that the trial judge was in the best position to examine the attitudes and demeanor of both parties.

All you need to do now is leave the woman alone and get on with your life.

How hard can that be?
    You make it sound like I came on to her or something. I was not insulted, and I think she might have just been trying to make me feel better, but she was the one complimenting me the only time I ever saw her during one, short, appointment.

Very difficult when they have crap that isn't true in my medical record, and HIPAA gives me the right to have it changed. When they won't give me my medical records, and when they are at the epicenter of me being assaulted by another doctor. I don't see how the restraining order protects them anyway. Infact, it has only provoked me. If I felt any amount of violence towards the woman, I would have acted on it because of the stupid thing.

Plus they aren't even all women. It's impossible to stay away from people when you don't know them or even what they look like.

1. Sponsored Links