Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Child Support Arrears and SSDI Benefits

Firms specializing in SSDI filings advertise on TV here often, and I expect they do nationwide. While they specialize in obtaining benefits, they may tackle other issues or can refer you to someone who does. Alternately, check Martindale and your local bar association.

Quote Quoting kazzyzekes
    View Post
    I've pretty much given up on ever seeing these arrears.

I've told you that I had two children OVER 18

How many times do I have to say I have contacted the SS office and they refuse to speak to me?

I called the child support office, the case is closed so they refused to take to me.

I called Clerk of the court and according to them the debt has not been satisfied.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out which department of SS processes these checks? There has to be a record of this someone.

Please carefully read the post as I have stated everything to the best of the information that I have.

Thank you for the time taken to answer my post
    Pretty demanding when asking for help...

The lawyers are not sent child support arrears. If SSA has,the proper paperwork from child support. The money is deducted from the back pay and sent directly to you. Your ex is lying. But I agree you will never see the child support arrears your ex owes you .

Wow really? I don't think so and I even thanked folks for taking the time to read the post. Guess I just can't please some people.

I heard once again about the child support. I was told the lawyers divided up the money and sent it to whoever was supposed to get it. Doesn't sound like a very legal way of doing things to me.
    My ex claims he never saw this money that its going to me and other bills he owes.

You heard? That means nothing. Where did you hear this?

It's clear in the original post where I heard it from. I also stated his attorneys which are my ex's attorneys. Obviously this is not the correct place to be asking about this.
    I was referred to legal aid so I'll be calling them today.
    My last question to this forum is shouldn't I have received some legal documentation of this, not just what my ex is telling my daughter which I don't even believe at thus point.
    Especially since imho it shouldn't take this long to get it.
    Apparently no one hear knows the process. That's what I really wanted to know in the first place and I did ask that question through out this posting.
    It's nice some of you felt the need to be so rude to someone looking for help. I find that most unnecessary and quite frankly rude.
    After all, these forums are meant to help people so rudeness isn't necessary..

Quote Quoting kazzyzekes
    View Post
    It's clear in the original post where I heard it from.
    Actually, it's not.

You wrote:

Suddenly, I hear from my now 26 year old daughter that my ex went and filled for SsDi and got it. A check was cut to his attorneys and then one was supposed to be put in the mail for me to pay back the arrears which were substantial.
    Who told you that a check was supposed to be mailed to you? Your daughter? If yes, then who told her? If no, then who told you?

I was told I had to put my now 24 year old disabled son on his father's benefits
    Who told you that?

It's to whoever "told" that you should be addressing your question.

As stated earlier, child support arrears Do Not go to any attorney. If child support filed the proper arrears paperwork with SSA. You would have received the benefits. Obviously this did not happen.

I asked earlier if you received your ex's IRS refund(s) to help with his child support arrears. I do not recall you answering. If you did not and he received the refunds. That indicates child support did not file the proper paperwork for you to receive money from SSA or the IRS.

The age of your older children may or may not have a bearing on you not receiving any money.

You need to hire an attorney. They can contact your ex's attorney directly.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3