Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: My Parents Are Kicking Me Out

Im already enlisted.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Here's a one word solution to all your problems.

ENLIST.

You're already NG and went through basic training. Enlisting shouldn't be too much trouble. You'll get away from your parents. You'll get all sorts of benefits as a veteran.
    Im already enlisted. I have a military ID and enlistment papers for a 8 year contract

Quote Quoting xMidnightCloud
    View Post
    Im already enlisted.

Im already enlisted. I have a military ID and enlistment papers for a 8 year contract
    Yet, you're not full time. There are few fulltime NG billets to be filled, so you may be IN the military, but it is hardly a full time gig at the moment.

If you cannot come to accomodation with your parents, be prepared to find new digs in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and how much money are we talking here? And what did they borrow it for?
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    Yet, you're not full time. There are few fulltime NG billets to be filled, so you may be IN the military, but it is hardly a full time gig at the moment.

If you cannot come to accomodation with your parents, be prepared to find new digs in a couple of weeks.

Oh, and how much money are we talking here? And what did they borrow it for?
    I mean they used 76% of my BCT pay. Which was 2.5k in the end.

They spent about 1.9k of my basic pay.

View Post
    I mean they used 76% of my BCT pay. Which was 2.5k in the end.

They spent about 1.9k of my basic pay.
    And you gave it to them, how? And why?

What did they spend it on?

Once again, it will likely come down to you moving soon, so you might want to start looking for places. You might also consider entering the military full time. Perhaps you can look into a GED program when you turn 18 so that you can fast-track your way out.

Or, easiest way might be to make peace with your parents and then when the school year is over, get out and do your own thing.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

View Post
    Im already enlisted.

I'm referring to full time active duty with the Army.

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    I'm referring to full time active duty with the Army.
    That's not always possible. The NG would have to agree to let him out of his contract; as the ink on his contract is barely dry it would be tough sell.

View Post
    I live in Ohio.
    My parents told me at 7:25am today that I need to get the f**k out and leave their house. We have been arguing for a few months now. I recently got back from basic training for the Army National Guard. I turn 18 on December 16th. I do not know what to do. They are trying to switch me school districts. I lose out on a bunch of stuff if I change schools. I'm happy with the school I am at. However, my parents think changing schools will help me. I have A's and B's right now. I try to make sure I keep my grades up. But I will have to change my entire schedule and it will definitely mess me up. I have online classes that I will have to restart.
    if you cannot make nice with your parents, plan on finding another place to live.

If the police are willing to treat you as a trespassing guest once you turn 18, you’ll be out as soon after you turn 18 and the police are called.

If your parents must evict you, they have to issue a notice to quit (I believe 30 days). After that time, if you have not moved, they can file a suit to have you removed. From what I’ve read sum total would be about 6 weeks.

Either way youll be out. It would benefit you to negotiate a peaceful exit where you aren’t removed forcibly if possible.

Your parents cannot demand you leave proir to your 18 birthday. They are obligated to support you until you turn 18.

Be warned; this sort of issue can lead to domestic violence issues. If your family has issues with physical actions against family members, be especially aware of situations that may escalate into violence and remove yourself from the situation

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2