Default After Suspension, Can You Get a Driver's License if You Get Licensed in Another State

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: FL

Back in 2005 I stupidly got my license revoked for five years for two DUIs in Florida. I completed all the requirements, except for the interlock device because I moved North and did not drive for awhile even though I could have tried to. Then I moved to NC and applied for a license. I answered all the questions truthfully on the DL app and was issued a license. I did not have a valid license to turn over to them at that time, only an ID card. They did not require me to get an interlock device. I have not had any driving issues since 2005. Now am considering a move back to Florida. What will happen if I go apply for a license there? Thanks for any advice.

Default Re: Obtaining a Florida License After Getting a New License

Quote Quoting Kb211
    View Post
    My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: FL

Back in 2005 I stupidly got my license revoked for five years for two DUIs in Florida. I completed all the requirements, except for the interlock device because I moved North and did not drive for awhile even though I could have tried to. Then I moved to NC and applied for a license. I answered all the questions truthfully on the DL app and was issued a license. I did not have a valid license to turn over to them at that time, only an ID card. They did not require me to get an interlock device. I have not had any driving issues since 2005. Now am considering a move back to Florida. What will happen if I go apply for a license there? Thanks for any advice.
    The fact that NC granted you a license tells you nothing about what Florida will do. You had a revoked license in Florida and never completed all the reequirements to get that license back. I think it likely you can expect that the state will require you to finish those requirements to get the license, i.e. get that interlock installed. Contact the Florida DMV and ask what you'd need to do.

1. Sponsored Links