I have prepared the statement of facts for my trial by written declaration. I you can please review the statement and the supporting documents and let me know if I need any changes to me made, that would be really helpful. I need to submit the documents in the next day or so.
Statement of Facts: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Appendix A (Public request info and email conversation with CalTrans): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xxr...ew?usp=sharing
Appendix B (Engineering and Traffic survey): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kpd...ew?usp=sharing
I have the following questions
1) I had received documents from the fremont police department as a part of informal discovery and they sent the wrong engineering and traffic survey which is of a different road and intersection and a LIDAR certification. Should I include those documents as part of the evidence documents submitted to the court? Also, should I mention it in the statement of facts that the survey document provided by the police department was incorrect? No none of this is needed?
2) I will be highlighting the dates in Appendix B. Is there anything else other than these documents, that I need to send to the court to support my case?
3) In the statement of facts, do I need to cut down or add any more details? Also, do I need to change the closing statement asking the citation to be dismissed based on speed trap law or something to that effect? Or all the details suffice?
4) Towards the end I have also requested for trial de novo and a request to attend traffic school in case the case goes against me. Is that fine?
5) On the Trial By declaration I will be filing to the court (https://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/tr205.pdf), on page 1 point 5) EVIDENCE, I will be selecting others and specifying the following in the comments section
Appendix A (5 pages): Public request to CalTrans and email communication
Appendix B (8 pages): Engineering & Traffic survey
Does that look good?
6) On page 2 of the form under 6) Statement of Facts, I will specify "Please see attached document" and on 7) Number of pages attached, I will specify 2 pages (for statement of facts). Is that the way to do it?
Please forgive me as I do not have much experience in filing such document with the court. Any feedback would be extremely helpful.