Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Retaliation Following Eeoc Charge

Agreed, although I would word it stronger then that. If ANYONE calls about an employee other then maybe verifying that they actually are an employee, I have been told by every company I have every worked that you NEVER talk to outsiders about your employees, much less engage in illegal criminal conspiracies against the employee. If I ever got such a call, I would listen carefully, take notes, say nothing, and run up to Legal as soon as the call ended. Make it their problem. If it really the EEOC, Legal would likely call the FBI.

Forget EEOC. I would act the same way if the Girl Scouts called. Even is someone claiming to be IRS called. I have worked with IRS enough to know they do not act the way you describe. They send paper. Lots and lots of paper. Any supervisor stupid enough to do what you said would be fired for cause. Quickly.

Now small firms often do not know the law (or care about it) but any theory involving a small underfunded agency who cannot do it's normal workload in a timely manner is going to randomly go James Bond on someone is every bit as silly as it sounds.

Quote Quoting DAWW
    View Post
    I have worked with IRS enough to know they do not act the way you describe. They send paper. Lots and lots of paper.
    While in most cases you will get letters from the IRS (and sometimes multiple letters) before any action is taken, that is not always the case. There are instances in which your first contact with the IRS is by a phone call or even a visit to your home or business by an officer or agent of the IRS. Of course you always want to verify the contact is legitimate before you provide the person with any personal information.

Quote Quoting WhatNextatWitsEnd
    View Post
    Taxing Matters, I agree with you that it would be ridiculous for multiple employers to engage in the same activity. Maybe I should re-state what I am asking about more clearly... since the EEOC is a Federal agency... "IF" there is still an open investigation related to my charge or my former co-workers' charges, and/or my former employer's charges, is it possible for them to have allowed the investigation to follow me... I mean, they are a federal agency, and I along with others made serious charges... SO, IT SEEMS PLAUSIBLE that I personally do not get to decide when their federal investigation ends... "they" will decide and being a federal agency I'm thinking that they can "tell" employers how to engage with me while they continue their investigation. Maybe? That said, I was traumatized by the whole experience and will never ever file with the EEOC again. Ever. So it's equally possible that I may be reading more into it than is actually there, but I am wondering if I have the legal right to ask my current employer if they are aware of an investigation or are allowing one to be conducted without my knowledge? I don't know how to phrase it which is exactly why I am here on this site... to get help and clarification of my possible legal rights and potential legal maneuvers I might be able to take to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for your suggestions
    Where it falls apart, is that if the investigation is following you, then the LAST thing that any new employer should do is to imitate the behavior that caused you to file in the first place. They would be an absolutely fools to knowingly do so.

Let's step back and look at this. Multiple employers, Multiple states and one employee.

There is only one thing here that isn't a variable.

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    Let's step back and look at this. Multiple employers, Multiple states and one employee.

There is only one thing here that isn't a variable.
    What ^ said.

Quote Quoting Taxing Matters
    View Post
    While in most cases you will get letters from the IRS (and sometimes multiple letters) before any action is taken, that is not always the case. There are instances in which your first contact with the IRS is by a phone call or even a visit to your home or business by an officer or agent of the IRS. Of course you always want to verify the contact is legitimate before you provide the person with any personal information.
    OK, I am fine with that statement. But IRS does not tell you do things over the phone. They send you orders by fax or mail, and you call them if you have questions. Or they do audits. They do not tell you to take illegal actions against employees.

Okay, well I would rather be wrong than right in this situation. However, IF what I have said is in fact true, what kind of attorney would I need at this point to help me get this situation dealt with once and for all? Just a reminder, I had an EEOC attorney firm handling my case until I fired them based on my investigator not taking evidence directly unless I had no representation and attorney firm not wanting to even go thru EEOC... they just wanted the RTS and go straight to arbitration I, on the other hand, wanted to help make this crooked place straight. I was not interested in arbitration. I was more concerned with holding people accountable for their workplace behavior within a government agency. I was a taxpayer of that agency, an employee, and member of the community in which that agency serves, and it was appalling to me what was going on there. In my opinion, it bordered on criminal... and in some cases, it was criminal what went on there. I stood up against it. And I AM paying the price. SO... I am way past arbitration at this point. Anyway, what kind of lawyer should I be working with? A Civil Rights attorney? Personal Injury? Wrongful termination? I can't seem to find an attorney that is even answering his or her own phone these days. Add legal help as just one more facet of our society that is in desperate need of reform. My original attorney group offered to continue handling the case, but I don't have confidence in them because they make too many typos on legal documents and they just are not up to par. SO... IF what I am telling you IS true, what legal angle should I take? What kind of lawyer do I need? At this point, I just want to get on with my life and insure that they will leave me alone from this point forward.

Thanks

If your story was true it would certainly be a civil rights issue.

OP, I am going to make you a promise here.

There is NO "if you are right" here. I offer you here a 100% money-back guarantee here; neither the EEOC nor any other agency is doing what you suggest. NO agency would have any reason to do it, and NO agency would have the ability to track you through each and every employer. What's more, NO agency would have the clout to force every single employer you've worked for to violate the law.

You are not right. There is not even a whisper of a ghost of a fraction of a percentage of a chance that you are right here. You are absolutely, positively, 100% wrong.

If you are seeing the same behavior repeating itself in the way you say, then it's one of two reasons. Either you are in some way inviting the behavior without knowing you are doing so, or it is all in your head and it it not a lawyer that you need, but a mental health professional.

I'm sorry to be so blunt, but that is nonetheless the case here.

Quote Quoting DAWW
    View Post
    OK, I am fine with that statement. But IRS does not tell you do things over the phone.
    Actually, it sometimes does. When I was an officer for the IRS, I would tell the taxpayers I contacted, whether in person or by phone, what I wanted them to do to resolve the tax issue I was charged with investigating. It wasn't always necessary for me to follow that up that conversation in writing. Of course, most taxpayers never get contacted by an IRS officer or field agent; the vast majority of taxpayers are contacted by an IRS Service Center about tax issues and the Service center relies almost exclusively on correspondence. So my bet is the companies you worked for never had issues that went as far as requiring a field agent or officer to contact them and thus you never had occasion to see how that part of the IRS operates. Totally understandable in that circumstance why you might have the impression that pretty much everything the IRS does is in writing.

Quote Quoting DAWW
    View Post
    They do not tell you to take illegal actions against employees.
    That is, of course, true. And the IRS only cares about the tax issues; it doesn't care what else the company is doing. How the company treats its employees is something that IRS personnel won't care about and in any event is something the IRS can do nothing about.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post

If you are seeing the same behavior repeating itself in the way you say, then it's one of two reasons. Either you are in some way inviting the behavior without knowing you are doing so, or it is all in your head and it it not a lawyer that you need, but a mental health professional.
    While I wouldn't give a 100% assurance that those are the two only two reasons for what the OP is experiencing, I'd certainly say the probability of it being one of those two is very high, maybe 98%+. There might be some other more unusual reason, but in any event it's not going to be because some federal government agency is tracking the OP and telling the employer to mistreat the OP. On that I'd be willing to go to 100%.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast