Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Fiance Made Disparaging Comments About His Colleague/Related to My Business

My question mark was intended. Will my lawyers suggest a cease and decist against my fiance?

He currently think the company is dead. He has no idea...that I have money to make it last... I personally think he WANTS to see me fail. If I told him, hey...I just got funding and I'm ready to tackle the world...I think it would intimidate him.

And is he justified...meant...is he justified to tell a colleague that the doctor/executive in the hospital was being an opportunist?

Default Re: Fiance Made Disparaging Comments About His Colleague/Related to My Business

Your attorneys will do what you ask them to do. If you want them to send a C&D letter to your fiancÚ then they will.

Your fiancÚ is a liability. A big part of creating and running a successful business is avoiding or mitigating risk, which includes getting rid of liabilities. My husband and I run a business together and have for ten years. We want it to succeed and we want each other to succeed. I would never want to see him fail, and vice versa.

Quote Quoting lotosu2
    View Post
    THAT is what my fiance thought was crooked. However, my lawyers asked him if there would be a concern of him "double dipping" and he said no. He literally said not a concern at all....to MY lawyers. My lawyers said it was not my job to research past that...we could take him at his word.

But now you know why my fiance was so angry -- HE accused him of that and was trying to get the word out around the hospital that he was a "crook" for that reason. So is my fiance justified?
    Well of course the person asking for the kickback is going to say there is no problem with the kick-back. What did your lawyers expect him to say and why in God's name are they asking him in the first place? They should be looking at the totality of the information and advising you based on the law. And even the law may not be the answer. The Board of Directors of the hospital now or in the future could take a look at the situation and take action based on what they think is a kickback.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2