Default Disbaled Uncle Dropped Off at My House

My question involves a person located in the state of: Ohio.

My uncle had a stroke 4 years ago and was in a nursing home, his friend got him out of the nursing home to live with him, well he ended up not being able to handle him and dropped him off at my house. I have 6 kids and a disabled father i already take care of, he cannot stay with me. Im told without a 3 day hospital stay he cant get back in a nursing home, and if he doesnt have a reason to be in a hospital like being sick or somehow injured he cant staybin a hospital. None of my family will help me at all and he cannot stay with me i have alot going on already and i work 40 hrs a week what do i do

Default Re: Disbaled Uncle Dropped Off at My House

Who were you told by that he was required to have a 3 day stay in the hospital before he could go in the nursing home? If it was someone at the nursing home talk to their boss.

Your situation, while sympathetic, doesn't appear to raise any legal issues.

Quote Quoting pg1067
    View Post
    Your situation, while sympathetic, doesn't appear to raise any legal issues.
    It actually might. The "friend" who just dumped him off may have violated elder abuse laws. The OP should talk to the elder abuse agency in her area. Even if no abuse has happened, they do have resources that can help.

Three day hospital stay is a requirement for Medicare rehab services. With a stroke 4 years ago, the uncle is more likely to be on Medicaid for custodial care.

Is uncle competent to make medical decisions and sign himself out of the nursing home? Who has the authority to make medical and financial decisions for him? If he has been handling his own affairs with the nursing home, take him and meet with the nursing home administrator for an explanation of his status and capabilities.

You need a lot more information and authority than you appear to have.

1. Sponsored Links