Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Have to Change Bc or Not

Quote Quoting Mercy&Grace
    View Post
    SSA requires the birth certificate be changed. If the birth certificate is not changed. SSA will not change the name on the social security number.
    They do with a marriage certificate.
    Don't make me quote Monty Python at you.

View Post
    Any place that requires legal proof of a name. Is going to require a birth certificate or driver's license. A person cannot have the name on their driver's license changed without a copy of their birth certificate, marriage license or divorce decree. A copy of a person's birth certificate with one name and court papers changing their name. Does not mean any place will accept the court name change without the name changed on the birth certificate.
    Women change their names all the time. Their birth certificates are never changed. Its the marriage license that shows the name change...just like it would be the court paperwork that shows the name change in this case.

My wife is on her third last name (two marriages). It's never been required to touch her birth certificate. What I'd recommend, by the way, is to pay the court for a few extra "true" copies (usually these bear some raised seal or such) of the name change order. You'll have to show these (and in some cases leave a copy) with various people to convince them of the name change. I still have a few marriage certficiates. The FAA for the airplane registration were the most difficult people to deal with.

View Post
    SSA requires the birth certificate be changed. If the birth certificate is not changed. SSA will not change the name on the social security number.
    Wrong. Please stop making stuff up.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2