Default How Can a MBA Graduate Get an H1B Visa

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: VA/DC

Hi,

I am an MBA graduate. I need help on how to work with my employer to create a good application for the H1-B Visa. I need to help them since they don't have experience in this. What steps can I control and help them with to put the best application forward?

Default Re: I Am an Mba Graduate. I Need Help on How to Work with My Employer

You can suggest they have a good employment/immigration attorney that can get them through the process. You've not indicated a single thing with regard to what this job might be or why you as a foreign worker are uniquely suited for it. This is the ABSOLUTE requirement. It's not just "an application." There's not only the main I-129 application but several supplements and various other related applciations. We're certainly not going to be able to walk you or your employer through it through an internet forum.

First off you need to study up on the employer requirements and understand them.

A Google search of "h1b visa employer responsibilities" will bring up almost 93K hits. There is a commercial service that comes up as my first result and while they do have a paid service their site has a TON of free info that is pretty digestable.

I'd give you a link but we aren't supposed to provide links to commercial services.

Thank you. The job description in question is being crafted but can largely be written as Business strategy analyst at a defence company. I have a technical with data analytics experience, acquired design and a business background which sets me apart and I have been having several conversations with the company and they appreciated the diversity and value I bring to the org. I just want to know if there are any tips as to what makes a strong application for a business role versus a tech role, which gets more noise. Or am I not thinking of it the right way?

Thanks for your help.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting kelly12345
    View Post
    Thank you. The job description in question is being crafted but can largely be written as Business strategy analyst at a defence company. I have a technical with data analytics experience, acquired design and a business background which sets me apart and I have been having several conversations with the company and they appreciated the diversity and value I bring to the org. I just want to know if there are any tips as to what makes a strong application for a business role versus a tech role, which gets more noise. Or am I not thinking of it the right way?

Thanks for your help.
    Contact an immigration attorney and/or make use of the info provided by Payrol guy.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

Understand that a "business" motivation doesn't cut if for H1-B. The US has plenty of MBAs. You need technical expertise in one of the specialized fields that the visa applies to.
    H-1B isn't about diversity. It's about allowing employers to sponsor foreign national workers when needed for the specialized fields.

Oh, and we spell it defense in this country.

The company should be hiring you for a position that has been predefined and not crafted to fit your credentials. Your involvement is inappropriate. The HR department of the company should have adequate resources to know what is legal and standard in industry. You should not be involved in defining corporate policy. The H-1B selection process is independent of specialization. What is important is that your education and experience is appropriate for the position and standard job code.

Your US degree was never a guarantee of a US job. If an employer is not following immigration rules, it should be of concern to all of you, the company's other employees, the agency hiring the company and the public.

Check out the Department of Labor website for H-1B information. Potential guest workers and others wanting to learn more will find the following informative:

https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/complia...umH1BIndex.htm

https://www.dol.gov/whd/immigration/h1b.htm

1. Sponsored Links