Default Can You Sue for the Time You Expend Correcting an Insurance Billing Mistake

My question involves insurance law for the state of: California.

Basically Healthnet made a mistake on their billing side and it led to me being sent to collections and fighting off collections. My credit score did not go down luckily but I spent over 70 hours on the phone with both Healthnet and collections fighting this claim that they denied was their fault. The CA board of insurance made them pay and in the end, I got a letter from healthnet admitting it was their fault and they will pay up. Can I sue for my 70 plus hours due to their mistake though? Is there a chance since they are a big corporation I can take them to small claims and get a payout since it might not be worth it for them to fight it?

Default Re: Can I Sue for Lost Time Spent (70+hrs) Fighting Health Insurance Billing Mistake

Quote Quoting dtryan
    View Post

Can I sue for my 70 plus hours due to their mistake though? Is there a chance since they are a big corporation I can take them to small claims and get a payout since it might not be worth it for them to fight it?
    Your time spent to resolve the issue is not something for which you can win a money judgment in court.

Default Re: esl curriculum vitae editor service usa

No, you cannot sue for your time.

Default Re: university essay proofreading service gb

You can sue -- anyone can sue anyone for anything -- but you won't win.

Default Re: Can You Sue for the Time You Expend Correcting an Insurance Billing Mistake

Quote Quoting dtryan
    View Post

Basically Healthnet made a mistake on their billing side and it led to me being sent to collections and fighting off collections. My credit score did not go down luckily but I spent over 70 hours on the phone with both Healthnet and collections fighting this claim that they denied was their fault. The CA board of insurance made them pay and in the end, I got a letter from healthnet admitting it was their fault and they will pay up. Can I sue for my 70 plus hours due to their mistake though? Is there a chance since they are a big corporation I can take them to small claims and get a payout since it might not be worth it for them to fight it?
    70 hours? Over how many days/weeks? Disputing a Bill by phone/letter, express mail, etc. is a byproduct of doing business. It is not what the law refers to as "Compensatory time". After a few rounds, you could have sent a letter to their Statutory Agent in CA. Although not a lawsuit, at least it would have been on the record as being disputed to someone higher.

1. Sponsored Links