Default Does a Dismissed Eviction Case Appear on Your Credit Report

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Texas
    I was living in Austin texas 2012 i moved out 3 months of moving in due to poor conditions and mood without notice or paying.
    Went to court the judge dismissed the eviction why are they still about to put charges on my credit report?

Am i able to have them removed without paying them?

Default Re: Eviction

Quote Quoting Ijnewport17
    View Post
    My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: Texas
    I was living in Austin texas 2012 i moved out 3 months of moving in due to poor conditions and mood without notice or paying.
    Went to court the judge dismissed the eviction why are they still about to put charges on my credit report?
    I can only speculate that maybe the LL went back and refiled and got a default judgment or just turned the unpaid rent bill over to a collection agency and that's what on your credit report.

Start by going back to the courthouse and reviewing the case file and any other case file with your name on it.

View Post

Probably not.

If it's a judgment, the judgment is likely enforceable for 10 years (maybe more) and that's how long it stays on your credit report. The plus side is that Texas doesn't allow wage garnishment for debts so don't leave Texas. Bank account levies are allowable, though.

If it's not a judgment and just a collection account, it's too late for a lawsuit, but it'll stay on your credit report until some part of 2019 and then fall off when the 7 years are up and you won't have to pay it.

Default Re: Eviction

View Post
    I assume your two references to "them" in this sentence refers to two separate groups of people or things, but it's not clear what "remove them" means. If, at some point in the future, "they" do whatever you think "they" are "about to" do, then I suggest you come back here and explain what happened in a clear and concise manner. In the meantime, I suggest you do some research about the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and what you can do when you dispute something that is reported on your credit.

1. Sponsored Links