My question involves workers compensation law for the state of: New Jersey

I filed a workers comp case in 2016 in court for a injury i had at work. So after a month of light duty i was put on work even though i had fracture on my leg which did not heal. Long story short workers comp doctor cleared me for work and then i went to my doctor for further treatment and then i went lawyer for filing workers comp case in court. Now it's been 2 years and yet i have not heard any word of any settlement. Today i called my attorney and he is saying that opposition lawyer is not willing to settle and ultimately i may get only $ 80 for out of court settlement as judge is also saying that i don't have a case. I want some advise from experts here on this forum as all of this stuff i am hearing is from my attorney and i am suspecting that he is misguiding me.

1. What is the procedure to change the lawyer ? Do i need to pay him any fee for getting my file ? When i hired him, he told me that i don't need to pay anything as he will get certain percentage from the settlement that will be done in court. I feel like he is on opposition side and now all of a sudden after two years of false promises he is completely changed.

2. What if i loose this case in court ? Is there anything such as counter sue by employer ? To be honest I have tried my best to furnish all necessary medical paperwork and proof to prove my case but i feel like my lawyer is not doing what he is suppose to.

I would sincerely appreciate your advise !