Hybrid View

Default License Reinstatement from Admin Per Se and Court Suspension

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: Massachusetts

I received an admin per se suspension of my license (DUI). The next day I went to court and got a CWOF disposition for 24D DUI (second chance - 2nd offense but after 10 years since first offense). The admin per se letter from the RMV says my suspension is 30 days. The court ordered a "statutory" suspension which he said was 45-90 days. Will I be eligible to reinstate my license after 30 days? Or do I have to also add 45 days or 90 days concurrent/consecutive to the 30 days? I'm confused. Thank you for any help.

Default Re: License Reinstatement from Admin Per Se and Court Suspension

The judicial and administrative suspensions are separate issues -- they must be addressed separately.

Default Re: License Reinstatement from Admin Per Se and Court Suspension

They run from the time each is imposed. They don't go consecutively. It's not uncommon for the admin per se suspension to be over by the time your case even gets to trial on the DUI. You could reinstate if that happens but it will be suspended again when the court imposes there. If they do overlap, which ever one applies later (almost certainly the court-imposed one) will be the date you are eligible to reinstate.

I'm pretty sure you'll be stuck paying the reinstatement fee twice no matter what. Second offense is $700 on its own.

1. Sponsored Links