Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Re: Posing As a Minor's Parent for a School Meeting

@doucar, I am simply pointing out that mercy&graces ideas of fake parent detectors and standardized parent teacher conference scripts are not real things.

You have no children. Babysitting children is not the same as being a parent. You have never been to a parent teacher conference. Let alone one conducted by this teacher. You have never been to the school. You think you are so smart. You are as smart (stupid) as the kid.

It is a good thing you have money in savings. You will more than likely need it for a attorney. You may be asked to babysit after your relatives find out how dishonest you are. Not to mention you do not mind breaking laws. Some people cannot be trusted.

@mercyandgrace, you did not respond to any one of my points. You do not know who is and is not a parent just by looking at them.

I dont think the teacher is going to shine a light on me and give me a third degree interrogation about whether I'm really the parent.

You are evidently too stupid to grasp the point. The point is, everyone thinks I am their parent until I tell them I am their Cousin, including people who are parents themselves.

You are no different. If you saw me in public while I was with one of my cousins, you would naturally think I am their dad just like everyone else.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

Quote Quoting Ray Crocker
    View Post
    @mercyandgrace, you did not respond to any one of my points. You do not know who is and is not a parent just by looking at them.

I dont think the teacher is going to shine a light on me and give me a third degree interrogation about whether I'm really the parent.

You are evidently too stupid to grasp the point. The point is, everyone thinks I am their parent until I tell them I am their Cousin, including people who are parents themselves.

You are no different. If you saw me in public while I was with one of my cousins, you would naturally think I am their dad just like everyone else.
    You've clearly made up your mind as to your course of action. You should ask yourself if $200 is worth taking the risk that you are taking, however. There is no real fallout for the kid but you could be facing criminal charges.

Being mistaken for your cousins children parent is not similar to being a parent. Your reactions will not match a parents, you won't have the proper knowledge if the teacher asks questions and if the kid interrupts too often it'll look strange.

WE all make our choices. We all reap the rewards for those choices.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

And of course there's NO possible chance that someone who does know the kids' parents will be present on parent's night? Might walk by in the halls and ask who you are? No chance at all the the teacher has seen the parent at other parents' nights, even if there wasn't a meeting? No chance at all that the teacher might have researched the parent beforehand in order to be prepared for the meeting? You're willing to risk criminal charges on the kid's assessment of how well the teacher knows the parent?

Wish I could look in on that conference. It will be interesting. The OP and kid are clueless. But all the kid might lose is $200 and car privileges. The OP stands to lose far more. The OP will make a bad parent. If he does not grow up. He is not mature or realistic.

I'd be willing to bet Ray Crocker is actually the teen in question.

When a friend of mom or dad sees a strange man with this kid, they are going to call the parents and ask, I promise you. "Why was Johnny roaming around the school with some strange older man?" People at that school know his parents, even if the math teacher doesn't. You'll be lucky not to look like you are trying to do something inappropriate with a minor child. Accepting cash is an especially bad idea. You are opening a can of worms and when it blows up in your face, you won't have to worry about getting a job because the charges you will get hit with will keep you from being employable. No teenager is going to take the fall for you either, they will throw you under the bus faster than you can blink.

You know nothing about this kid. He might not be a kid. He could be looking for anyone desperate for money. Even if he is what he says he is. He will have something to hold over your head until the statue of limitations run out. Of course that would be illegal. But it will not erase your actions.

Quote Quoting Ray Crocker

1. Could I get into any legal trouble for this?
    Guybrush already posted a probable law that will be broken, it is not practical for anyone here to scour the the complete Criminal or Educational laws of Virginia in order to make or draw any other conclusion, you can do that.

2. If so, is there any way I could realistically be caught? After all, how does the teacher know I'm not his dad?
    And what if a follow up letter is sent to the parents; "Dear parents of joe blow, thank you for attending the Teacher's conference, etc., etc." Hmm.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast