Default A New Thread is Coming

So, Pres Trump, in reference to the sanctions about to hit Iran, tweeted, "Sanctions are Coming," which is obviously a play on "Winter Is Coming" from Game of Thrones.

The article I read said, "HBO did not say whether they would pursue legal action..." which, assuming the article is not going off a cliff, leads me to believe that HBO thinks it may have a legal claim.

How could they? If I record a vid (which I then later post on the net) of me standing on my porch as the sun is setting, during which I say "Night Is Coming".... or if I stand outside as snow is falling, and say "Winter Is Coming"... HBO can't sue me for that. Can they? How?

Default Re: A New Thread is Coming

Just a thought but suing you and suing The Donald are two very different things.

I remember at the start of the Civil War, Lincoln had a seven person SCOTUS, 5 southerners and 2 northerners. The southerners not surprising opposed him at every turn. Lincoln had all 5 justices arrested, more or less without charges. He then replaced the missing 5 southern justices with 7 northern republican justices. His arrests later failed Habeus Corpus tests and the former justices were set free (sent down south). They did not get their jobs back.

Game of Thrones cannot send you to Guantanamo. The Donald can. My very limited knowledge is that The Donald is legally invulnerable to everything but impeachment while in office unless impeached first.

Default Re: A New Thread is Coming

Quote Quoting riffwraith
    View Post
    The article I read said, "HBO did not say whether they would pursue legal action..." which, assuming the article is not going off a cliff, leads me to believe that HBO thinks it may have a legal claim.
    If the author of that article thinks that HBO would even remotely have a claim against Trump for that the author is either clueless on trademark & copyright law or is high on something. Of course HBO would be smart to simply not comment when asked; wading into any comment on presidental tweets just invites trouble.

1. Sponsored Links