Default Review of an Accident Settlement Agreement

I am searching for an attorney to review the settlement documents. Re: leans, given that I did not have medical insurance all the charges were paid by my car insurance medical benefits. After your response, I asked more adamantly for a lean release in writing and my attorney got it from both providers. He was telling me that neither would give me a lean release. But I am still a bit concerned with the language in the documents I signed, and the release I got. I do not have a specific concern; just that I may not understand the impact of a term in the paperwork, and later I find out that the release was not sufficient. I am not aware of any lean as it relates to the hospital for ER services, but I have called them and validated that I do not have an outstanding balance. My question is if you feel I have addressed all potential issues keeping in mind that you have not seen any of my paperwork. I am finding it a bit difficult to find an attorney who would review my documents. So far I found a few discrepancies between what my attorney told me and the truth. One was this that he claimed he made some modifications to the release document from the insurance. After I called the insurance, I found out that they do not really accept any modifications, and when I asked him about it he told me that is right. So I am wondering if he was hoping that I would sign the modified document to close the case, and later have to sign the original because the insurance does not accept modifications. I hate to assume the worst, but this is a critical step and I am not knowledgeable and I have not found anyone who would be willing to review the documents yet and I can not trust this person. I have reached out to a number of attorneys and have yet to hear from some of them so it might work out.

My other question is what is contingency agreement? Is that my agreement with my attorney?

Re: the amount I am receiving, I understand 1.5 times the amount of my medical bills is a reasonable amount?

I have checked with everyone I can think of, the hospital, xray services, Physician, Chiropractor, and neurologist. They all told me I do not have any balance.

I just found an attorney to review the case.

Default Re: Settlement Check

Quote Quoting samson33
    View Post
    My other question is what is contingency agreement? Is that my agreement with my attorney?
    Yes, but it's more specific than that. A contingency agreement (or contingent fee agreement) is an agreement between a lawyer and client that provides that the attorney's payment comes only from the client's recovery and specifies the percentage that the lawyer will receive. In personal injury cases, 25-40% is common.

Quote Quoting samson33
    View Post
    Re: the amount I am receiving, I understand 1.5 times the amount of my medical bills is a reasonable amount?
    We know nothing about your case and, therefore, have no way of intelligently assessing the reasonableness of any settlement.

1. Sponsored Links