Default How Can You Get Visitaiton Rights for Nieces After a Parent Passes Away

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Indiana

My brother passed away last June and when he did his ex refuses to let anyone on his side of the family see the girls. I found out that the girls mother and there grandmother on their moms side is mistreating them. There mom locks them in the house and leaves them there by themselves when she wants to go out or she will take them and drop them off with their grandmother. The oldest gets treated like dirt. They both do but the older one gets it worse. I have begged and pleaded with them to please just let me see them for a little bit. They refuse to let me or anyone else in the family see them. My mother also passed away last December. They weren't even aloud to go to the funeral. I begging please someone help me.

Default Re: Trying to Get Visitation or Custody of My Nieces since my brother passed away las

What proof do you have ? What someone says is not proof. How old are the children?

If this is really happening. You need to call CPS.

Default Re: Trying to Get Visitation or Custody of My Nieces since my brother passed away las

Sorry, but you have absolutely no legal rights to the children and the bar is set pretty low for motherhood.

I suspect that your angst is mostly hype designed to get sympathy.

How do you know that they are mistreated if you and your brother's family aren't allowed to see them?

Quote Quoting Mdecker
    View Post
    I found out that the girls mother and there grandmother on their moms side is mistreating them. There mom locks them in the house and leaves them there by themselves when she wants to go out or she will take them and drop them off with their grandmother. The oldest gets treated like dirt.
    So when you reported the abuse or neglect, what happened?

1. Sponsored Links