Default Student Suspended for Taking Her Own Phone from a Teacher's Desk

My question involves education law in the State of: washington
    My 15 yr old har her phone taken in class from the teacher. and was written up. Usually according to the phone policy the phone is returned at the end of class. my student verbally asked to retrieve her phone. teacher answered yes yes. then my student was pulled into office for theft of her phone from teachers desk. My student verbally asked. the object belongs to her. how is that theft. the teacher now claims she did not ask and was speaking to anothet student about something. now she is suspended 5 days. I dont want theft or stealing on her record at school . the teachers seem to judge and jump to conclusion. my daughtet cannot stop crying she is a good student A's n B's all freshman year too. now her grades are suffering. what can we do i keep asking for the phone back they tell me the person who holds them isnt there.

Default Re: Student Accused of Stealing Own Phone

Quote Quoting knudjuma78
    View Post
    how is that theft.
    It's obviously not. Equally as obviously, and assuming everything you've relayed that your kid told you is true, there has been a misunderstanding.

Quote Quoting knudjuma78
    View Post
    my daughtet cannot stop crying. . . . now her grades are suffering.
    How long ago did this happen? If it's been long enough that she has received enough grades that lead you to conclude this incident was the cause, then the assertion that she "cannot stop crying" isn't credible.

Quote Quoting knudjuma78
    View Post
    what can we do i keep asking for the phone back they tell me the person who holds them isnt there.
    Again, how long ago did this happen? Is this a public or private school? What happened when you met with the principal to discuss the incident?

1. Sponsored Links