Default Landlord Entered Premises Under False Pretense

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Ohio
    I am looking for someone to sublease my house. My landlord has listed it online, and the other day he left a voicemail message stating that he had someone who wanted to walk through the property because they are looking to rent in the area. I agreed to the time frame he provided (4 - 5) and the landlord requested/demanded that I not be present. I have very little trust in this landlord; therefore, I stayed close to the house but out of the landlord's sight. The landlord arrived at 4:20 and left at 4:40. No one viewed the house. When asked about the viewing via phone, the landlord stated that there was interest from this "young couple" but they had five more houses to view. I requested via an email a timeline (what time landlord arrived/left and what time the interested party arrived/left) but have not received a response. Is there anything I can do in regards to this deceit?

Default Re: Landlord Entered Premises Under False Pretense

No, there's nothing you can do. People lie. Unless you can prove you suffered damages from his deceit, there's nothing to do about it.

47.606 N 122.332 W in body, still at 90 S in my mind.

I don't see any real deceit. You provided permission and the LL mat well have had people coming to look who cancelled. The entry could have been to be sure that everything was ready, a reasonable precaution when preparing to show a property. Realtors will do the same thing.
    "Where do those stairs go?"
    "They go up!"

No there's nothing you can do about this and you have to right to demand anything including information regarding the showing.

If I had a nickel for every "no show" I've had I would have, well, a ton of nickels.

It appears you are the one wishing to break your lease and requesting someone to sublet the rental unit. As such, I'd stop trying to play detective and allow the landlord to do their job.

Gail

1. Sponsored Links