Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Are You Required to Register a Vehicle Used for Travel in Georgia

My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: GA

GA right to travel act 7 clearly states people are not required to have a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle on public roads not used for commercial purposes.

I am attempting to determine if registration and insurance are required by GA law on vehicles not used for commerce.

Default Re: Am I Required to Register a Vehicle Used for Travel in Georgia

GA right to travel act 7 clearly states people are not required to have a driver's license to operate a motor vehicle on public roads not used for commercial purposes.
    Post the statute number so we can read it.

I am attempting to determine if registration and insurance are required by GA law on vehicles not used for commerce.
    Yes, registration and insurance are required.

Before you start spouting that right to travel lunacy, this "right to travel" theory
    has been kicked beyond death by the lunatic fringe for many years.
    Here's a couple of threads in which attorneys and others debunk the theory.
    Note how the loony trolls keep insisting on "right to travel" despite facts to the contrary.
    I hope that satisfactorily answers your question (though I doubt it) and puts an end to this thread.

https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/t...icence-on-hwy/

https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/t...-on-licensing/

Quote Quoting adjusterjack
    View Post
    Post the statute number so we can read it.

Yes, registration and insurance are required.

Before you start spouting that right to travel lunacy, this "right to travel" theory
    has been kicked beyond death by the lunatic fringe for many years.
    Here's a couple of threads in which attorneys and others debunk the theory.
    Note how the loony trolls keep insisting on "right to travel" despite facts to the contrary.
    I hope that satisfactorily answers your question (though I doubt it) and puts an end to this thread.

https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/t...icence-on-hwy/

https://boards.answers.findlaw.com/t...-on-licensing/
    I provided the act. Here is the link. It is a PDF. I have no idea how to post a pdf.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/108135.pdf

As I said it clearly states that in the state of GA a driver's license is not required. Without getting into an argument about travel vs. driving. My original question remains.

Quote Quoting elgemcdlf
    View Post
    My question involves vehicle registration or title in the state of: GA

I've seen those U-tube videos too, fallacies!!! In Hendricks v Maryland, from memory, the USSC said States have every right to require such.

Quote Quoting elgemcdlf
    View Post
    I provided the act. Here is the link. It is a PDF. I have no idea how to post a pdf.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20112012/108135.pdf

As I said it clearly states that in the state of GA a driver's license is not required. Without getting into an argument about travel vs. driving. My original question remains.
    A Spoof, guaranteed. You see the case citation quoted! No lawmaker would introduce a bill with such incredibly WEAK authority.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    I've seen those U-tube videos too, fallacies!!! In Hendricks v Maryland, from memory, the USSC said States have every right to require such.

A Spoof, guaranteed. You see the case citation quoted! No lawmaker would introduce a bill with such incredibly WEAK authority.
    I don't live in Maryland. The link I provided is straight from the GA legislative site. Again both of you seem to be stuck on travel vs. driving. That isn't my question

Quote Quoting elgemcdlf
    View Post
    I don't live in Maryland. The link I provided is straight from the GA legislative site. Again both of you seem to be stuck on travel vs. driving. That isn't my question
    Whatever meaning you get out of it, I checked both the Senate and House memberships for GA, there is no JONES from district 43, and also there is no District 43. Your link has the Bill's sponsor, Jones District 43 Check it out.

EDIT; Franklin of 43 not Jones.

The representative that introduced the act has been replaced. I have sent an email to the current representative from the district (43) concerning the act.

Incorrect on both counts. District 43 is Marietta, GA and Franklin was the representative who introduced it. Right there at the top of the act.

Quote Quoting elgemcdlf
    View Post
    The representative that introduced the act has been replaced. I have sent an email to the current representative from the district (43) concerning the act.
    House member or senate? I missed it then.

Quote Quoting RJR
    View Post
    House member or senate? I missed it then.
    I believe it is the house. I honestly didn't pay that close of attention

Quote Quoting elgemcdlf
    View Post
    I believe it is the house. I honestly didn't pay that close of attention
    I checked, it is Sharon Cooper of the 43 House district. Thing is it said she was the incumbent in the 2016 election and won, and won in 2018! If that Franklin guy held the seat and introduced the bill, when??

Edit: there is only ONE representative in each district, so this Franklin guy does not exist.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast