Default Contractor Received Deposit for Materials But Hasn't Made Purchases or Scheduled Work

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Florida I sent a $2400 check to a contractor for materials. Now he is stalling the job and can not provide evidence that he purchased said material nor will he agree to hand over the material. I mailed the check from ga. It was a company check and he cashed it in Florida. What do I need to do to proceed with demand, agency to file reports etc

Default Re: Sent a $2000 Check to a Contractor for Materials

Do you have some sort of contract with this contractor.

Depending on your contract he may not have purchased materials yet. He wouldn’t owe the materials to you if he was contracted to install them.

Hello no I don't have a contract he said in a text that he purchased said material. He showed me partial receipts. I understand your point.

He also said that I could pick up the material but later called me an inconsiderate mother ****er.he said oh they blew away in the hurricane

You sent him $2400 for no reason? I’m sure that isn’t what you mean.

A contract doesn’t have to be written.

Start with why you were sending the guy $2400 and what was the agreement that caused you to send him $2400

Theft by conversion meaning he cashed the check and used it for another purpose?

On the check in the for portion I wrote material purchase

The 2400 was part of an overall 5k deal for the job

Says he no longer wants to do the job but now the material I will bring to you. Oh wait a minute it blew away in the hurricane

Ok, so you have a contract for him to do a $5000 job. You sent him the money to purchase materials.

If he has receipts for materials purchased, depending on your contract, he may escape liability if he stands on the claim the stuff blew away in the hurricane.

If he doesnt have reciepts, then since he wishes to terminate the contract and presuming you do as well, he would owe you the $2400.

So, any receipts?

He posted some receipts for about half of the amount but when I checked the stock numbers it was the wrong color and kind. I know that I kind of screwed myself here by sending him the money but I am a man of means and I will pay more than I have spent if I have a case for justice

I think he sent receipts from another job

Quote Quoting kabco
    View Post
    I am a man of means and I will pay more than I have spent if I have a case for justice
    Then hire a lawyer to go after him.

Did you bother to check if he had a contractor's license?

1. Sponsored Links