Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Conflict Between Son and Possible Therapist

My question involves malpractice in the state of: Texas.

My son age 12 has been seeing a therapist for a couple months, today the therapist was drawing a parallel between a picture of an impoverished family with a point he was making about gratitude. My son took the phone from the therapist and I could not see what he saw, but he claims the therapist had a picture of woman exposed from the waist down. I know my son is a bit of a storyteller, but I didn't see it one way or the other. As for the therapist he has been a great help. So I am a lite little conflicted. I don't want to call my son a liar, nor do I want to acuse someone who may be innocent, but even if he did have a photographic photograph on his phone, he was in all likelihood not intending to show it to my son. Any advice would be greafly appreciated, thank you.

Default Re: Conflict Between Son and Possible Therapist

Let me guess, your sone doesn't like therapy, does he?

So are you saying your son took the therapists phone without permission and saw the half naked person? If so, teach your son to leave other people’s property alone.

If the therapist handed the phone to your son, then I would be asking the therapist what was on the phone.

He is not big fan, but I have observed a difference in his behavior. Though he still has moments of terror.

Correct, he took the phone out of the therapist's hands. I wasnt too happy and we had a long discussion about it on the way home. During session the therapist did not say anything, other than trying to get my son to process why he felt like he can take other's belongings

So you saw nothing untoward, your son has been known to - well, we'll call it prevaricate; you are certain that the therapist did not intend to show your son anything untoward even if it was there at all which is questionable, and the therapist has been doing your son good.

Tell me, what was the question again?

The therapist leaned in from where he sat in the chair to allow my son to see the initial picture of the house and then my son grabbed the phone. It did not appear as if the therapist willingly handed my son the phone.

Well, I guess it would be difficult to determine whether or not the therapist "intended" to put himself at risk like that. It is why I am confused. Handing the phone over would raise red flags for me, but having my son take the phone away casts doubt in my mind that anyone could intend for something like this to happen. The ultimate question on my mind is do I confront therapist/take legal action or view it as an accident involving something that should not have been seen.

So now you’re saying he did intend to show your son what was on the phone?

did your son manipulate the phone and possibly bring up the nude woman when in fact the therapist did actually have a picture of some home on there to show your son?

I saw the initial image he wanted to show, and before he lost control of the phone it was held in his left hand at the corners, I did not see therapist making any motions to indicate that he altered the phone. When my son took the device I could clearly see him swiping before therapist took the device back. While son had the phone I could not see the screen.

So the therapist did show your son a home as intended. Then your son took the phone and began snooping through the therapists phone and ran across a picture that it appears the therapist had no intention of showing your child...

The the therapist is allowed to have nude photos on his phone. If he did not grant your child permission to possess the phone or to scroll through the therapists photos, the only issue I see is your child neeeds to learn how to behave. I don’t see why you are conflicted. Punish your child but I see no reason you should even question the picture being on the phone. If the picture is there, your son isn’t a liar but that is not the real issue.

Thank you, I agree that my kids actions were inexcusable, and punishment has already been administered. I am both embarrassed because it is my kid, and embarrassed for the therapist. I am not sure what the next session will be like or even how to bring it up. Can only imagine how upset he is over this mess, I know I am. Thank you for helping me think this through. Is there anything else I might think about or consider?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast