Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: What Can You Do if You Can't Afford to Pay for Injuries You Cause

My sig says ceeeffoh (CFO) and that's my responsibility. However, I sometimes get asked legal questions by my co-workers. Being no lawyer myself, I don't have anyone to ask so that's why I ask questions here. I had asked about a co-workers' tiny estate before.

How about in the future when a co-worker asks you a legal question you tell them about www.expertlaw.com.

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    My sig says ceeeffoh (CFO) and that's my responsibility. However, I sometimes get asked legal questions by my co-workers. Being no lawyer myself, I don't have anyone to ask so that's why I ask questions here. I had asked about a co-workers' tiny estate before.
    Why would co workers consistently ask legal questions of someone who isn't an attorney? That's weird.

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    Now, the driver of the luxury car claimed an injury and the party's insurance co has demanded an amount north of $30k for damages, but the co-worker's father appears to be judgment proof. He has some other issues which is not relevant to this thread and just wants this thing to end. He knows he will never have the money to pay the insurance co but he doesn't want it harassing him for the rest of his unhappy life.
    Has his auto liability insurer made payment to the other driver to the extent of the policy limits? If not, why not?

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    How can this issue be resolved with as less pain as possible?
    The only ways to "resolve" the matter are to pay the damages or to file bankruptcy.

I hope it goes without saying that this person probably shouldn't be driving anymore.

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    So, if he sends a notarized letter showing he has no assets whatsoever and will not be able to pay a penny on the judgment, will it do him any good?
    Unlikely, and I can't imagine why he would go to the trouble of having the letter notarized.

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    he has other debts which he can't pay anyways and had been delaying BK for all these years because he thought it was not worth the trouble, so would a BK help AFTER the judgment?
    First, the part that I highlighted is new information. Second, you asked how this could be "resolved," and bankruptcy is a legitimate answer to that question, regardless of what this man might think.

Quote Quoting Mark47n
    View Post
    The only service a notary provides is verifying who is signing the letter/document and that's it.
    That's incorrect. Notaries can also administer oaths for purposes of affidavits.

Quote Quoting ceeeffoh
    View Post
    He appears to want to find what would be the best option for him to deal with this matter now, based upon his current situation.
    That's for him to decide: (1) pay; (2) bankruptcy; (3) deal with the "harassment."

>>> So, if he sends a notarized letter showing he has no assets whatsoever and will not be able to pay a penny on the judgment, will it do him any good?

If I send notarized letter saying I am God, will it do me any good?

Quote Quoting DAWW
    View Post
    >>> So, if he sends a notarized letter showing he has no assets whatsoever and will not be able to pay a penny on the judgment, will it do him any good?

If I send notarized letter saying I am God, will it do me any good?
    People have fooled others into believing in their divinity based on a lot less....

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2