Default What Are the Consequences for Violation on Interlock Device

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: GA and MO

Got my DUI in Missouri and my license was revoked for 5yrs but I have since moved to Georgia a few years ago. When the 5yrs was up I wanted to go ahead and get my Georgia license but to get a Georgia drivers license I had to go back and petition the Missouri courts for reinstatement which they granted as long as I installed an interlock device for 6 months. The only restriction was I could only drive my car which had the interlock device in it. So now my driver record is clear in Missouri and I now have a Georgia license. I'm coming up on the final 6th month of having the IID but I have registered a few failed readings during the time I had it which were .026, .032 and .028. All this info is supposedly downloaded from the device and sent to Missouri DMV each month after re-calibration since they ordered the interlock device. But I have yet to see any letter saying I have been in violation. Court documents didnt state any violation in the paperwork, just stated I had to have the device with a camera for 6 months. My concern is since this is my last month and I will have to call them and confirm I have completed the 6 months but that now they will actually look at my logs and point out those failed readings and say I was in violation. Will there likely be an extension on the device?

Forgive me and I'm just being naive here but if I'm ordered to have the device for another 6 months due those violations can I choose not to? I dont live in Missouri anymore, I completed the 6 months IID they asked and I already have my GA license. What jurisdiction can Missouri DOR hold over GA DMV?

Default Re: What Are the Consequences for Violation on Interlock Device

Quote Quoting bowtie3d
    View Post
    Will there likely be an extension on the device?
    Three violations of the IID conditions, I would think so.

Quote Quoting bowtie3d
    View Post
    Will there likely be an extension on the device?

Forgive me and I'm just being naive here but if I'm ordered to have the device for another 6 months due those violations can I choose not to?
    You can refuse and the state can refuse to allow you a driver license.

Quote Quoting bowtie3d
    View Post
    I dont live in Missouri anymore, I completed the 6 months IID they asked and I already have my GA license. What jurisdiction can Missouri DOR hold over GA DMV?
    MO will notify GA of your non-compliance and GA will suspend your license.

Don't you know that there is a national computerized network where every state learns instantly about every other state's scofflaws?

Understood and will accept the consequences. But still confused why I didnt get a letter from the DMV about the violation. I read some people get letters to go to a hearing for their violations.

Quote Quoting bowtie3d
    View Post
    Understood and will accept the consequences. But still confused why I didnt get a letter from the DMV about the violation. I read some people get letters to go to a hearing for their violations.
    I don't know.

But I suggest you be proactive and contact MO now to see what it takes to get cleared there.

Why not stop driving after you've had a drink? That would solve any future issues.

1. Sponsored Links