Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Can You Move Out at 16 if You're Pregnant

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: ohio was wanting to know can you move out if your 16and pregnant my mom is threatening and telling me I have to get a abortion or she going to make my life a living hell

Default Re: Moving Out 16 and Pregnant

Under Ohio law, you can move out when you are 18.

Discuss your situation with a guidance counselor at your school.

Default Re: Can You Move Out at 16 if You're Pregnant

Can you move out? I don't know. We have no way of knowing what abilities you have.

If you're asking whether getting knocked up serves to emancipate you, the answer is no (and, in fact, the very notion is silly).

Pregnant or not pregnant, the only way you are leaving the house before you turn 18 is with the permission of your parents or if you are removed by the state. Trust me, if the state removes you, you will not like it one little bit.

Agree with the other answers, although the notion of forcing an abortion could get interesting, particular if the OP made a few phone calls to organizations who take an interest in such things. But emancipation of a minor under these circumstances is a dog that will not hunt.

The mother has no power to force an abortion and no doctor would do one that was against the will of the 16-year-old.

The OP is 16 and pregnant. Her life is going to be hell without the help of her mother.

Your baby is not your mothers responsibility. You will have to go to school, work, care for your baby and do your homework. Hopefully you will file for child support from the father. Then the father can go to school, work, care for the baby when he has visitation and do homework. Life as both of you know it now will end when the baby is born. Hopefully you will give the baby up for adoption.

Quote Quoting Crystal1980
    View Post
    ...my mom is threatening and telling me I have to get a abortion or she going to make my life a living hell
    (Bolding added.) An earlier reply said that your mother cannot force you get an abortion. I wanted to clarify that statement is literally true — your mother has no legal action she cant take to force you to get an abortion. But she certainly can do things to make your life miserable while you still live at home. There is no law against that.

Not sure this one is really pregnant yet. May be a false alarm. If not, you are in a mess, OP, and need to discuss this with someone professional very quickly.

You have no idea what living hell is. Wait until you cannot go with your friends because you have to care for your baby, work and go to school. Chances are your mom's attitude about the abortion will change. You know nothing about the responsibilities involved in raising a child. Your child will be your responsibility. It will not be your mom's responsibility to house, feed, clothe and care for your child. You cannot depend on the child's father to pay child support for the next 18 yrs. Even if you get a court order for child support. That does not mean you will receive the money. The money you might receive. will be no where near what it takes out of your pay check. If you do not finish high school and go to college. You will make low wages in a job you hate.

You really should consider giving up the baby for adoption. Some adoptions allow for contact between the birth mother, adoptive parents and child. Although most adoptions do not allow this. Adoptive parents go through extensive screenings. In some cases the mother can choose the adoptive parents.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast