Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ordered to Cooperate, but She is Not

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    She can't hold you in contempt (at least not with any legal consequent), only the court can do that. And a court will not do that for a bill you have never seen.
    I miswrote - she said that she will have her attorney (the one waiting on the judge to submit a motion to take him off the case) file against me in contempt.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    However, just to be clear and to reiterate what JK said, if she has already paid the bill, you reimburse here. If she has not already paid the bill, you can pay it directly to the care provider.
    Also, we are waiting on the judge to answer my attorney's motion to suspend alimony and medical bill payment. He should answer any day now, as it was submitted over a month ago. Would I be responsible for the bills up until the point he answers, or none at all?

Quote Quoting hans278
    View Post
    I miswrote - she said that she will have her attorney (the one waiting on the judge to submit a motion to take him off the case) file against me in contempt.
    Let her. The court is not going to hold you in contempt for not paying a bill you were never given. In fact, since she has a lawyer I'd send him a letter stating that his client has not provided the medical bills as ordered.

Quote Quoting hans278
    View Post

Also, we are waiting on the judge to answer my attorney's motion to suspend alimony and medical bill payment. He should answer any day now, as it was submitted over a month ago. Would I be responsible for the bills up until the point he answers, or none at all?
    Only a court can find you in contempt. She or her attorney can file with the courts seeking they find you in contempt for some action, but in the end it’s up to the court.

As to you owing or not while your motion to amend is pending.

Unless the court has suspended your obligation to pay pending the ruling on your motion, you keep paying as the order demands.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    why do you believe her paying the bill initially abrogates your responsibility in the order? It doesnít.
    I don't see anything in his post contending that. He said he paid one bill that he was given, she paid another bill, and a third bill "wasn't cleared by his attorney," which implies there is some requirement that counsel approve bills.

As for the second bill, he doesn't say if he did or if he didn't pay her back for the bill she paid.

As for the third bill, unless his attorney is acting in bad faith, then he should wait until he receives further instruction from counsel.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Also you refusing to pay what seems tk also be an uncovered out of pocket medical expense appears to be in violation of the order.
    You assuming things that go beyond the facts stated in the OP and offering opinions based on those assumptions. That isn't helpful and could lead OP astray.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Start with paying the money the order says you owe.
    I'm not sure that has been established.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Then tell her to send the bills you owe so you can pay them. If she refuses, wait until she does.
    It sounds like this is what he's doing now, and yes he should continue to do it.

She is the one who isn't following the instructions of the court by not documenting her bills, and then making unfounded legal threats to scare him into paying baseless financial claims. My guess is she saw this temporary order as an excuse to keep cashing checks in this guy's name and is too simple to know better. No surprise. If she's asking for permanent alimony, she probably never even graduated high school and is dumber than a bag of hammers.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    Yes it does appear you are trying to get out of what the court says you owe
    [/QUOTE]

How is it even possible to do this by appealing to an internet discussion board? How does that get him out of anything? What does he have to gain by spinning things to convince you he has a case? I don't understand this.

Quote Quoting law_guy1234
    View Post
    I don't see anything in his post contending that. He said he paid one bill that he was given, she paid another bill, and a third bill "wasn't cleared by his attorney," which implies there is some requirement that counsel approve bills.

As for the second bill, he doesn't say if he did or if he didn't pay her back for the bill she paid.

As for the third bill, unless his attorney is acting in bad faith, then he should wait until he receives further instruction from counsel.

You assuming things that go beyond the facts stated in the OP and offering opinions based on those assumptions. That isn't helpful and could lead OP astray.

I'm not sure that has been established.

It sounds like this is what he's doing now, and yes he should continue to do it.

She is the one who isn't following the instructions of the court by not documenting her bills, and then making unfounded legal threats to scare him into paying baseless financial claims. My guess is she saw this temporary order as an excuse to keep cashing checks in this guy's name and is too simple to know better. No surprise. If she's asking for permanent alimony, she probably never even graduated high school and is dumber than a bag of hammers.

How is it even possible to do this by appealing to an internet discussion board? How does that get him out of anything? What does he have to gain by spinning things to convince you he has a case? I don't understand this.[/QUOTE]imsuppose it would help a lot if you read the thread. Op acknowledges he has not paid a bill he had received. Op made no statement suggesting attorney needs to approve anything.

op stated he did not reimburse her for the second bill. That was one of the most stressed questione: does he have to reimburse her

it appeared he was trying to get out of paying because he didnít pay one outstanding bill and he, for some reason, thought if the ex paid a bill he didnít. Given the order that doesnít make much sense

there was nothing stated she was under court order to document her bills. Op he is liable for medical expenses. When she decides to send them, op is obligated to pay them. Thatís it.

Quote Quoting hans278
    View Post
    Okay. She hasn't given me an amount to reimburse her for, nor has she sent any more bills that she has paid. She just wants me to start sending her money, without having shown me these things, threatening to hold me in contempt. I reached out to the providers about the unpaid bills.
    From what you have written, it sounds like you have an attorney, and she does not. If that is correct, then you have the option of informing her that all legal communications need to go to your attorney, and that you are no longer accepting anything other than bills, which will be paid directly to the service provider when they are sent.

My husband's ex used to do this thing where she would make threats that sounded very legitimate and get him all spun up. He would go to his attorney, and get billed only to be told to calm down and stop listening to her. We spent a lot of money worrying about empty threats.

Follow the court order, listen to your attorney, and pay what you are told by your attorney to pay, and to whom them tell you to pay. Stop listening to your ex.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2