Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Ordered to Cooperate, but She is Not

Quote Quoting PayrolGuy
    View Post
    She can't hold you in contempt (at least not with any legal consequent), only the court can do that. And a court will not do that for a bill you have never seen.
    I miswrote - she said that she will have her attorney (the one waiting on the judge to submit a motion to take him off the case) file against me in contempt.

Quote Quoting llworking
    View Post
    However, just to be clear and to reiterate what JK said, if she has already paid the bill, you reimburse here. If she has not already paid the bill, you can pay it directly to the care provider.
    Also, we are waiting on the judge to answer my attorney's motion to suspend alimony and medical bill payment. He should answer any day now, as it was submitted over a month ago. Would I be responsible for the bills up until the point he answers, or none at all?

Quote Quoting hans278
    View Post
    I miswrote - she said that she will have her attorney (the one waiting on the judge to submit a motion to take him off the case) file against me in contempt.
    Let her. The court is not going to hold you in contempt for not paying a bill you were never given. In fact, since she has a lawyer I'd send him a letter stating that his client has not provided the medical bills as ordered.

Quote Quoting hans278
    View Post

Also, we are waiting on the judge to answer my attorney's motion to suspend alimony and medical bill payment. He should answer any day now, as it was submitted over a month ago. Would I be responsible for the bills up until the point he answers, or none at all?
    Only a court can find you in contempt. She or her attorney can file with the courts seeking they find you in contempt for some action, but in the end it’s up to the court.

As to you owing or not while your motion to amend is pending.

Unless the court has suspended your obligation to pay pending the ruling on your motion, you keep paying as the order demands.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2